Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

1. It would be really stupid of me to spoil another second of this game for myself, so I'm passing on the beta.

2. Registration has already started for Dark Souls II beta.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. I don't think US players can sign up yet. I got the typical "you're not eligible" message and thought it was just me, but others around the country have gotten the same. Something about the US link working after around noon.

Anyone else get denied access?

4. From has a message for Melf:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/18...ore-punishing/
    Because players spent a lot of time running around safely dead in the original Dark Souls, Dark Souls II changes things up a bit with new punishments. The more you die while undead, the more your total health will decrease all the way down to 50% of your maximum health and the more your character’s image will degrade. If you continue dying while already dead your character’s skin will start to decompose and hair will fall out.
    Another surprising change to life as a dead man is that the dead can now be invaded. Coupled with the loss of health that comes with multiple deaths, it seems pretty intimidating. Don’t worry though, that’s what the Way of the Blue covenant is for. If you’re a member of this covenant and you get invaded, you can call in a Blue Sentinel, a more skilled, powerful player wearing a certain item in their game, to take care of the invader for you.
    Apparently the new item to restore yourself to human form is called a human effigy.

Unplug your router, kiddos.

5. I can't think of a more WTF moment than getting invaded in Dark Souls prior to knowing that could happen.

6. That sounds like it will add even more tension to the game, I'm all for it. Invaders are usually a really good source of souls and good practice for whatever build you're going for.

7. Hollow invasions are stupid. I always liked the hollow/human separation as a design choice. Now going hollow is just pure punishment. Meh.

8. Hollow invasions and max HP drops are fine. I don't expect to get invaded all the time, and I like having incentive to be human. I'm also pretty happy about nerfing co-op, since that was easily the best way to spoil the original.

9. You can't help but smile at the hopeless irony between Namco going "balls deep" (seriously, they said that) with marketing whilst From simultaneously makes this the most brutal, uninviting Souls game ever.