Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling X (Steam Greenlight/Kickstarter)

1. PC Pro Wrestling X (Steam Greenlight/Kickstarter)

Some dudes from Canada are trying to make a wrestling game from the ground up that's done in the style of the old AKI N64 games:

Key Features:

• Old-school Nintendo 64 style wrestling
    • Intuitive pick-up-and-play controls designed for the Xbox 360 controller
    • Fight against AI or a friend in local multiplayer
    • Custom-built PC wrestling game engine. Not a port!
    • Strikes, grapples, submissions, flying attacks, turnbuckle and apron moves, weapon attacks
    • Out-of-the-ring action on concrete floors and high on balconies
    • Open and moddable art assets

If you like it on STEAM, the game will go public!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=92916857
    Last edited by jyoung; 08 Nov 2012 at 10:50 AM.

2. I've been following this game for years and just thought it was dead at this point (until I saw it on Greenlight). I gave it a thumbs up, but I'm sure it's not going to be as great as everyone wants it to be for one reason or another. Also, only 2 player which is a BIG reason I'm not as excited as I once was for this project.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. I don't really have high hopes for it based on how blah some of the animations look, but I'll give it a thumbs up.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. I never understood why AKI (now Syn Sophie blah blah blah whatever) got kicked to the curb by both THQ and EA. Did they keep pissing in people's cornflakes?

On another note, I'm tempted to make a general "Steam Greenlight Wishlist of Dreams" thread.

Fake fake edit: Turns out James already beat me to it!

5. The fact that it's built from the ground up to be modded means we'll at least get fan made likenesses of real wrestlers.

6. Name:  imagesCA0K4BW5.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  3.7 KB Approves.

A winner is Changeling!

8. I too have been following this for years and I don't think I've ever seen it in motion but everytime I see a screenshot I think it looks atrocious. I guess graphics don't really matter though.

9. I was playing No Mercy last weekend with some friends and it's still just as good as it ever was. Graphics don't really matter to me, as long as they have the gameplay down and go crazy on the customization/modability.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. I NEVER play Smackdown/WWE 'XX as just one on one matches so this is something that isn't going to fly with me unless someone makes a 4 player mod.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com