Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hackintosh

Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post
    So, how is it running? I have a really similar system to what you just put together.

The main reason I ask is — I edit a lot of video at home, but it keeps me away from the office (which believe it or not actually blows). They're all Mac freaks over there though, and even though we'd be using Premiere on either system, my boss is a real Mac lunatic.
    waiting on the Harddrive, CPU, and Power supply in the mail

current mac geekbench figures

http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks

3. This thread is now about benchmarks.

your butt is about benchmarks

5. Just then, you were thinking about my butt. You're doing it again right now.
    You homo queersicle.

first bump today. Went to the library to download OS 10.8 and Apple wouldn't let me buy it because the computer didn't meet their guidelines. What kind of dildo flat out refuses your money?

So I went to the media center to try theirs, but I had to get the lab employees to put in their admin passwords twice. And I had to fuck with apple to get my apple ID. And I had to deal with the nerdy staff wanting to give me nerd opinions about the 'mac' I was 'updating' while trying to keep them from seeing what I was doing.

I have never had so much trouble giving someone 20 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    What kind of dildo flat out refuses your money?
    Dildos that sell software so that they sell hardware.

Got all the stuff in the mail finally.

About 90% with OSX. I can get the SSD formatted for two OSs, install OSX, boot it up, download programs, get online, etc, but I can't get it to run where it utilizes all of the motherboard and graphics card. When I run the patch software, it poops itself and says 'something something failure'

Then if you restart, OSX shits itself and looks like lawnmower man and locks up.

At this point you have to wipe the apple partition and start over.

The windows half seems to work fine. The biggest problem with it is that gigabyte's driver page makes no sense, the MB doesn't have a built in Ethernet driver and I don't have a optical drive (so I can't use the packed in CD). So I had to guess at what the correct Ethernet driver is, put it on a USB stick and transfer it manually.

I'm probably not fully utilizing my Sata SSD hook up. The board has 3 different types of SATA. And Gigabyte has like 6 different drivers on their page for SATA. Soooo, I have to read up on that before I call it quits.

Also, do the fans in Corsair power supplies normally not do anything?

Mine only spins on restart. For a few seconds. Then does nothing. I do have the case fully open and the system is pretty cool

10. Good luck, I tried installing OSX a few times, but would always get to a point where I changed a driver to get something like Ethernet or sound working and the installation would shit itself. Then if I tried to revert the files back to what they were before, it still wouldn't work, so, wipe, reinstall, wait a few hours, try again. I'm starting to get the itch to try it again, though. Windows' Japanese text support really pisses me off.