Page 1 of 34 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Winter 2012-2013 / Postapocalypse)?

What Are You Playing (Winter 2012-2013 / Postapocalypse)?

Darius Burst SP (iOS) - It's an unfortunate fact that vertical shooters work better with touch screens than horizontal ones, because it's hard knock to block the screen with your hand/fingers while playing a horizontal one. That said, since S-E didn't bring this west on PSP, and Sony dropped the ball on getting multi-region digital stuff on Vita through the single account limit, my choices were limited once I didn't import the physical version on PSP. I'm a big fan of the series, and this is very loyal to it. It seems a little on the easy side with the default options, but I didn't 1cc it on the first try. That may have been due to my daughter sitting on my lap watching though. Try that with a touch screen twitch game for added challenge.

Max Payne 3 (PC) - Joust and diff are right on about this one. Though I don't like the theme as much, it's up there with Uncharted as a linear action game with crazy production values. It's even 3D Vision ready, so there are no compromises playing in 3D. I just arrived at the port up river, so I'm not even 1/3 through I don't think. I'm going to knock it out before Christmas though. The way the achievements are handled is interesting. There are in-story challenges, such as killing X guys during a bullet time set piece, instead of freebies for finishing every little story section. I like the approach, though there are also way too many multiplayer achievements.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP on Vita) - I'm in the Lost Forest now, so I continue to chip away at this one. At the rate Atlus is releasing portable entries in the overall series, I may never catch up, but I'm going to try. The plan is this followed by Crimson Shroud followed by Ni No Kuni for JRPGs. Hopefully Persona 2 will be back on sale by the time I finish those. Otherwise, Soul Hackers may follow.

I really should play something on PS3. It's embarrassing how few console games I've finished this year. Maybe it's a sign we are finally reaching the point where ever third party game comes to PC. Without an Uncharted or Sly Cooper, that would leave the PS3 lonely, other than the light gun and other Move games.

2. EARTHBOUND - In the future, all is devastation.
    Of course after I buy this (at under half the going rate of $200), Itoi goes on twitter saying they’re working on something Mother related that isn’t 4.
    Regardless, the nostalgia factor on this is huge for me but at least there aren’t any random battles.

Super Hexagon (iOS, PC) If I have more than a minute to burn somewhere, this is being played.

FFT:WOTL (PSP/Vita) I’m late as hell to this, but I love having this portable.

Dracula X Chronicles: See above.

FIGHTMANS: The past couple of nights TNL has started playing SF3SO and SSFIVAE again, it’s been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Dracula X Chronicles: See above.
    Hurry up and beat it so you can unlock the real game!

4. Currently, mostly just E.X. TROOPERS. Haven't been playing a ton this month, but that will probably change today. I'd like to dive into some stuff I have queued up, like ZoE 2nd Runner, Under A Killing Moon, Fate of Atlantis, one of those Wing Commander games... Hopefully I get my RGB SNES going soon enough so I can finally play through Ninja Warriors Again, and I have Final Fight Tough on the way. We'll see!

5. I started randomly playing harmony of despair again this week, initially as just something to kill time but I was surprised to see there's still a bit of an online community for it (including poor bastards still trying to farm the dlc super-items)

6. I finally got around to playing Mass Effect 3. I think it's silly that Shepard has to solve EVERYONES problems, no matter how insignificant when Earth is being burned.

7. All about the 3DS games right now. Tales of the Abyss is fun! Going through the post-game Mighty Switch Force, too. Mario Kart 7 is frustrating.

Just beat Corpse Party on the PSP. Trying to push myself to get through Persona 3 Portable FINALLY. Will I? Who knows!

Sworcery on Android is great, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I finally got around to playing Mass Effect 3. I think it's silly that Shepard has to solve EVERYONES problems, no matter how insignificant when Earth is being burned.
    This is what happens when they have the option to play as a woman.

9. I got till a week after new years to game hard, so I'm playing:

The Witcher 2- Looks great and seems interesting. Been sitting on it for a while.

Resident Evil: Revelations- Digging the old-school vibe of it. The writing is gleefully bad.

Guild Wars 2- Started a mesmer but not sure if I like it. Gonna toy around with the different classes now that I got my engie to 80 with the best gear. Anyone up to the last quest and wanna run it with me, lemme know. Same with the dungeons.

10. Ys Origin- Back at it, trying Hard mode with Hugo. Charged trap mines are the shit especially when you've got enemies cornered or have several gathered around one. Even though Hugo's quest is more about shooting everything in sight than slashing away Adol-style, it still has the Ys feel. Once you're at a decent level of power, you'll gleefully rip through hordes of enemies, eventually getting your ass handed to you by a boss a good few times. Right now I'm at Gelaldy, who takes "tile-stealing bitch" literally after you've gotten him down to 50%.

I can't wait to see what else XSEED has on tap from Falcom's catalog for 2013 on Steam. Napishtim has been translated but I could see them wanting to give another franchise a shot.