Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Original Xbox Appreciation Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Also, CvS2 online was legit. Probably the most I've ever played a single fighting game online.
    Problem was xbox CvS2 removed roll cancels. That was very disappointing.

$98 from some crazy store brand new. More around $40 used, which is still pretty good.

3. I played the everliving crap out of PGR2 and DoA2U on the original Xbox. The online functionality in both of those games was way ahead of anything else on console at the time (and I can't really think of any PC games in those genres that matched up either, but I'll admit to not being a big PC player at the time).

It's weird seeing how out there some of the Xbox games were now... why don't we get games like that anymore? *looks at average development budget in 2012* Oh. Fuck.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Problem was xbox CvS2 removed roll cancels. That was very disappointing.
    I have no idea what that even is! I enjoy the games at a much lower level than you fightmans champions.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    True, but systems in good repair are becoming tougher to find
    It's all off the shelf parts. You could, probably, fix a busted one with a bit of the Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I have no idea what that even is! I enjoy the games at a much lower level than you fightmans champions.
    You can cancel a roll into a special/super and gain the invulnerability frames from your roll. It's game breaking and stupid.

7. Yeah, I just read about it. Seems like something very hard to do reliably and would take way too much time to practice.

So the Xbox CvS2 is ideal.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

It's surprisingly not hard at all. I liked using it to taunt through fireballs. Keep it classy.

9. I played the fuck out of PGR2...They never did get the online bit right after that. And that Moto GP game that came with the live starter pack, it only had 2-3 tracks, but you could buy/rent the full version, unlock them, and they would work on the bundle pack.

And Voodoo Vince was awesome. The Character and level design were clever, the only real issue was your usual "early 3d platformer camera issues"
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

10. Had forgotten about the series because of Icon, but Def Jam FFNY was pretty great. NBA Street series also, Vol 2 was probably my favorite, although 3 was much fun as well. Someone had grabbed Fatal Frame 2 Crimson Butterfly for me one year and I was sufficiently creeped out by it, I regretted selling it almost immediately because I never once saw a copy again. Panzer Dragoon Orta I remember being really fun but way too short. I just looked and I only apparently kept one OG Xbox game, which is NFL Fever 2003, and that was an awesome football game. Shit if that still works somehow on a 360 I'll play it today.