Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Miyamoto 60th Birthday Writeup, Full, English and Unedited

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    There's some facts that needed checking in that. For example the IP for Eternal Darkness I'm pretty sure is owned by Nintendo, in fact I could swear they've renewed the IP a few times since the game came out.
    LOLZ
    Last edited by Almaci; 28 Dec 2012 at 08:21 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    Nope, its fully owned by Silicon Knights, they have shopped it around in recent years but nobody cared.
    GEE, THAT'S SOME CRACK JOURNALISTIC FACT-CHECKING THERE
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Dec 2012 at 10:09 AM.

3. BTW, you really need to learn what commas are for.

4. Silicon Knights right before its total implosion was working on a ED2 demo for the high def consoles to shop around to the big publishers.
    Last edited by Almaci; 28 Dec 2012 at 08:23 AM.

5. Thats the original, any sequel and derived works is in the hands of Silicon Knights(the company consists of the owner and his wife these days)

6. Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

7. I'm not sure whether something didn't translate over to English properly, but this article wore kid gloves. The gaming media article was way more interesting.
    Last edited by Taito; 28 Dec 2012 at 10:21 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    Thats the original
    But you said Silicon FULLY owned the IP. Please explain how when Nintendo owns the name.

any sequel and derived works is in the hands of Silicon Knights(the company consists of the owner and his wife these days)
    Source, pls.

9. You can still punch someone in the cock with kid gloves on.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    Silicon Knights right before its total implosion was working on a ED2 demo for the high def consoles to shop around to the big publishers.
    1. That doesn't mean they have the IP. 2 The demo they were shopping around, if it got published was going to use a name different than ED2, and the names and story would have to be different. Nintendo owns that IP, including all characters and story.

It was going to be a spiritual successor to ED, not actually ED2.

I mean you seriously think, Nintendo would own the IP, but not own the rights to make a sequel? That even though Nintendo owned the IP, that some how Silicon Knights could release a game called Eternal Darkness 2....... Are you serious with this, or is this just lame troll bait attempt?
    Last edited by Shin Johnpv; 28 Dec 2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.