Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miyamoto 60th Birthday Writeup, Full, English and Unedited

1. The Miyamoto:wholly mediocre game post ratio is much too low

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I mean you seriously think, Nintendo would own the IP, but not own the rights to make a sequel? That even though Nintendo owned the IP, that some how Silicon Knights could release a game called Eternal Darkness 2....... Are you serious with this, or is this just lame troll bait attempt?
    He's a games journalist, John...he's not a real reporter. He doesn't have to worry about stupid things like facts or legit sources.

Doritos, Mountain Dew, etc.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    I'm not sure whether something didn't translate over to English properly, but this article wore kid gloves. The gaming media article was way more interesting.
    It was an article to honor his 60th birthday, of course its gonna be nice.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    1. That doesn't mean they have the IP. 2 The demo they were shopping around, if it got published was going to use a name different than ED2, and the names and story would have to be different. Nintendo owns that IP, including all characters and story.

It was going to be a spiritual successor to ED, not actually ED2.

I mean you seriously think, Nintendo would own the IP, but not own the rights to make a sequel? That even though Nintendo owned the IP, that some how Silicon Knights could release a game called Eternal Darkness 2....... Are you serious with this, or is this just lame troll bait attempt?
    I stand by what I say, I even give the example of Rare still owning some characters they created for the Donkey Kong games and nintendo thus having to license said characters from MS if they choose to use them.

5. Rare owns the rights to putting googly eyes on generic objects.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci
    It destroys the carefully crafted image that Nintendo and Miyamoto have spend decades to cultivate. It leaves no stone unturned in showing the world what sort of person Shigeru Miyamoto really is like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaci
    It was an article to honor his 60th birthday, of course its gonna be nice.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. That's more scandalous than the article.

Dole should be a game journalist.

8. Someone certainly should.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci
    It destroys the carefully crafted image that Nintendo and Miyamoto have spend decades to cultivate. It leaves no stone unturned in showing the world what sort of person Shigeru Miyamoto really is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaci
    It was in the early 90s as well that Nintendo and Miyamoto started helping out colleges with game course degrees. In the US that famously was at the Digipen institute of technology but in Japan itself there are several schools who with help from Nintendo started courses in developing videogames. In fact Koichi Hayashida the director for last years wonderful Super Mario 3D Land started such a course thanks to Miyamoto´s games and in 1991 he attended a seminar where Miyamoto was teaching, said Hayashida: Miyamoto gave me my mantra, If you enjoy making something you will make something enjoyable.
    What a monster. This man must be stopped.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    I stand by what I say, I even give the example of Rare still owning some characters they created for the Donkey Kong games and nintendo thus having to license said characters from MS if they choose to use them.
    You can stand by what you said but you're wrong. SK holds no rights to the IP, sequel or otherwise for Eternal Darkness. Only a fucking moron could look at this page http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77...e=statusSearch and think SK has any claim what so ever to that franchise.

Right under the goods and services section it says "computer game programs; computer game software; electronic game programs; electronic game software; interactive electronic game programs; interactive electronic game software; interactive video game programs; interactive video game software; video game programs; video game software" and the status is ACTIVE. Which means no one else except for Nintendo has the rights to publish any kind of video game with the Eternal Darkness IP.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.