Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2013: Prove the Justice of Our Culture

1. It is if you have PSN+. I wouldn't have played it otherwise.

2. Infamous was like better Assassin's Creed. Which isn't saying a ton, but I had no problem getting through it.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 28 Jan 2013 at 09:43 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Infamous was like better Assassin's Creed.
    I can't say that out loud without laughing.

4. Game's REALLY janky, though. I started it a little while back and had a quest-giver disappear mid sentence without letting me do the final part. Also, the quest has vanished.

2) God of War: Chains of Olympus - Definitely a "really good... for a PSP game" kinda thing. I felt dumb grinding through it on the PS3. I get the impression that, like many games (even the next one I beat!) they hit deadlines and the game was rushed. I got a shitload of weapons and accessories at the end of the game and a fucking deluge of red orbs to upgrade them in time. Also, snappin' ghost necks was pretty ridiculous.

3) Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!? Pretty sure we didn't Ask to have our garbage Taken away By some cranky ice janitor Just who do you think you are?! You king of ice It would suffice If you'd be nice But you're a jerk! Probably want to Build a girlfriend Out of the garbage! Now that's just crazy talk Nobody'd be that crazy It's probably something else.

This game was WAY too short and I enjoyed every minute of it. Well, except inventory management. That was awful. I wish WayForward had another year to make this game AMAZING. Oh, well.

#5 - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GC)

Not as good as the N64 game, but still pretty damn good. Last boss was a bitch and a half because of random shit plus two huge, unskippable cutscenes after the final save point. Fuck. That. Noise.

I really liked the whole stage play aspect to the combat. It was used in some cute and clever ways.

Your partners are hit or miss, with most being rad as fuck and one being Madame Flurrie. Mario either blows in her asshole or squeezes her tit really hard to make air come out. You would not think so but it's hard to tell which.

6. 4) Shantae: Risky's Revenge: This game was longer than Adventure Time! And I spent less money on it! What gives, guys?
    This was a blast. Some areas towards the end were actually kinda difficult, too! That doesn't happen often nowadays. I was pretty shocked that a couple of the Magic Jams were nabbed only by clever use of your items and less by possessing the right "key" power-up or such. There was plenty of the latter anyway, but enough of the former to reassure me that SOME developers don't just assume we're all stupid.

And MAN those sprites are adorable and full o' personality. The monkey's idle dance is the best. Runner up is Risky Boots' cocky laugh while hanging over the side of her boat as it attacks for her. Pretty great stuff.

I hope that 3DS sequel comes out soon. But, take your time, WayForward! I'll take it when it's done.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)

I beat this before way back when the GBA was new, but this is the first time playing it on a SP. My, what a difference being able to see everything is! This game has some great looking backgrounds! The game seemed fairly tough after the midpoint, which is unusual for Metroidvanias, but I wasn't farming for experience or cards either. It's pretty satisfying glancing at a faq to see that they recommend you fight a certain boss 10 levels higher than you currently are at.

Overall, it's not as good as some of the other portable 'vanias, but it gets bonus points for not having worn out the formula yet when created.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. Circle was many things, but difficult was not one of them. It was actually the only Metroidvania I beat drastically out of order because I beat one of the later bosses early on not knowing I wasn't supposed to do that. IIRC, I went through the part in the sewers before I got the boots that make the sewers not kill you by just jumping a lot.

Difficult compared to, say, SOTN, which is a breeze start to finish. Not difficult compared to Castlevania 1.

It's also probably a cakewalk if you farmed for cards, but I did not. I pretty much only had 2 useful combinations until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

10. I remember dying a lot on the bosses in Circle, but that may have been partially due to not being able to see anything.