Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2013: Prove the Justice of Our Culture

1. I really, really liked Conan. Enough to beat it on both 360 and PS3. Multiple times. Yet i have never finished a God of War aside from Chains of Olympus.
    Proof that affinity for a character>better gameplay and production values?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    #1 - Hotel Dusk (DS)

Great little graphic novel/adventure game. Good characters and a great art style. I read through the thread for it and don't see what would even be disappointing about the story. There was a mystery and it was solved, what did people want, magic and shit?
    Because TNL is too cool for the room? I don't know why anyone would complain. Great story, great characters, great art, brilliant score. It's one of my favorite games of the past decade. I'm jealous that you just recently enjoyed it as a fresh experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. I still have to play Hotel Dusk myself. I've owned it for ages. Maybe when I finish Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

4. Conan is an underrated game. It looks like ass, but it is good.

5. Hotel Dusk is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Lego Lord of the Rings.

Really really great game. One of the best movie games ever. Not sure if I will go back to collect everything but I really enjoyed my trip from Hobbiton to Mount Doom.
    Which platform? I still can't get a straight answer of whether the Vita version is significantly downscaled from the console versions...

6. Ive read the Vita version (like all of the previous Lego games) is based on the 3DS version, not the console version. Which is both infuriating and unfortunate.

Sad panda

8. I have read that as well, but then also read there is very little actual difference between the two, so it's not a big deal. I know in one of the recent Lego Batman games the whole open-world structure was yanked from the Vita/3DS versions.

Whatevs, I'll just grab it on PS3 when it hits $20 or something.

9. Persona 4 Golden (Vita)

True end, extra dungeon, etc.
    Even though SMT3 does the combat thing better, I love this game to death. And Golden is probably one of the best ports/remakes I've ever played. Vita purchase justified.

Tain, you should get into Wing Commander 2 if you liked the first one. I'm playing it now and it really is a huge difference. One downside though, you can no longer lose wingmen in missions unless it's scripted to happen (they'll just eject otherwise). This is because they're tied right into the plot in part 2.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Hotel Dusk is horrendous.
    It's better than the first and second Layton... because it doesn't have chess puzzles or Don Paolo
    Donk