Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shantae! Steam, Wii U, PS3, PS4, 360, & Xbox One

1. New Shantae! Steam, Wii U, PS3, PS4, 360, & Xbox One

Wayforward is taking a stab at Kickstarter money with a new Shantae entry:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...alf-genie-hero

The nice thing is the platforms aren't stretch goals - WF says if they hit the funding goal, PS3/4, 360/One, Steam, and Wii U will all get the game. Stretch goals do seem neat - an extra stage at every other goal, costume swaps, and making Risky Boots playable. Then a bunch of stuff to be announced.

I'm terribly excited for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Focus testing has revealed that everyone hates brown people.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. support withdrawn because she's not brown
    Donk

All the brown versions were destroyed into tiny bits.
    My Backloggery

5. the timing is pretty bad for this one, but the goal isn't too high and the main prize isn't very expensive.

I want a prize for a box in the style of Monster World 4.
    Donk

Every comment on their KS page is about how white she is, hahaha. Look at this BS reason:

Quote Originally Posted by WayForward
    None of the colors are locked down, and everything you're seeing is work-in-progress artwork. But good observation... she's looking a bit washed out when compared to her "Risky's Revenge" artwork, isn't she? A change wasn't intentional, other than to make it look nice against the background.
    Also this:

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero continues the tradition of action/adventure in the spirit of Metroid, Castlevania, and the Legend of Zelda.
    Zelda? WHAT ABOUT MONSTER WORLD
    My Backloggery

7. If you had undefined but vast magical powers wouldn't you turn yourself white too?

8. I almost believe it, she looks darker in the real game, but she's soooooo white in that first one, like Cave Story people white. She could've been a little browner. I'm surprised no one said "people who actually like this series and want to pay money for it will catch this and be mad"

related:

Shantae is not Shaq's girlfriend
    Donk

9. Not backing. The first line should have been. HAY WE HURD U GUIS LIKE 2D GAMES BECAUSE OF MAGIC NOMBRE 4. HAVE A WHITE GURL IMPOSTER SHASTA.

Color corrected image from GAF. Much better.

My Backloggery