Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Cover Songs

1. Great Cover Songs

There was a thread from 2002 with a lot of good tracks listed. I wish some asshat didnt make it necessary for way old threads to get locked as i would have rather bumped that then start this one. But anyhow...
    While i knew of and loved Siouxsie and the Banshees cover of The Passenger, i was unaware that they did a Dear Prudence cover as well. It is one of my favorite Beatles tracks, and i think the banshees did a pretty strong version of it.
    The Smiths How Soon Is Now is about as perfect as a song can get if you ask me, but the Love Spit Love version is what got me into that band and thus the psychadelic furs.
    Gotta mention my love of NiN version of Dead Souls as well and to keep the new wave flowing, i really liked Orgy's cover of Blue Monday.

Feel free to discuss any genre.
    Johnny Cash's I Hung My Head > his Hurt or Personal Jesus.

Blame cka.

If Johnny Cash covers your song it isn't yours anymore.

Hot Water Music did a really good version of Radio by the Alkaline Trio. I can't think of anything else right now

This is the best cover ever:

Here's a couple badass covers of a badass Alice Cooper song:

Also, anything The Clash covered rules (did you know Police On My Back was a cover?) And Cyndi Lauper covered a badass song by a band called The Brains that rule.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

4. Josh posted this one a while ago, and it will rock your cunt off:

This is the Drones covering Kev Carmody's River of Tears, a song about a true story of an aboriginal who was shot dead by police in his own bed. INTENSE!

5. Metallica 1983-1990 R.I.P.

Last Caress/Green Hell Misfit cover
    Last edited by Changeling; 03 Jan 2013 at 07:55 AM.

6. The 60s and early 70s were like nothing but awesome covers. I'm going to include covers by black folks because no one else has yet.

I don't know why there were so many soul covers of Randy Newman songs, but they usually seem pretty great.

7. Wham did a great cover of Love Machine!

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Josh posted this one a while ago, and it will rock your cunt off:
    Dude. I forgot all about this band. Thanks for the reminder!

It's a shame I can only find their music on Myspace. They rock.

10. Last edited by Gondolin; 05 Jan 2013 at 08:44 AM.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.