Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Gohan's Project Work Log

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    To do list:
    Install new controller ports (they are functional, but the plastic is damaged)
    Fix headphone jacks
    Get top cover and paint/prep it
    Get updated Unibios (currently running 2.3)
    Install Game Select switch
    I can mark most of these off the list. Replaced one of the controller ports, the other will have to stay since I can't find another one. I finally got the capacitor kit in and replaced them, fixing the audio. I found that one of the factory installed caps was of the wrong value, and another was simply missing, which was odd. I've sanded down the metal cover to get most of the rust off, but I have a little more sanding to do before I can drill the holes and paint it. I installed the Unibios 3.1, which made a game select switch obsolete.

I can see the finish line from here!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. Pics man!
    This shit aint radio!

Nothing much to see at the moment, the thing still looks very much like the pic I posted above. I'll post one when the thing is finished. If I don't fuck up the painting and drilling it should be a beaut.

4. Before and after pic of your cover. Pic of the wrong cap and missing cap.
    THis is the kind of shit we nerds like to see.

Yeah, well, I thought of that, but I was busying working.

Keep in mind, I've been taking care of the baby today, so when she finally got sleepy enough for a nap I was like "WORK AS FAST AS YOU CAN BEFORE SHE WAKES UP!!!"

6. I aint got time for excuses.

Okay, I'll grab the camera next time I'm messing with it. I'll take a current shot of the case, the fucker has actually rusted some more since I sanded it yesterday. I guess the thing is pure iron and I didn't dry it well enough.

8. Make me a SNES repro, mother fucker.

This is maybe a request?

<3

I looked into it, and I don't think I'll be doing any SNES repros, at least not anything with a large meg count like most RPGs. It's not as simple as burning an eprom and replacing the chip, I'm afraid.

I finally mailed you that joystick.