Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Gohan's Project Work Log

Can any of you guys make my ps1 work again? I think it's the laser, which is easy? I don't know. there is at least a 75% chance I'll fuck it up. I have shaky hands.

You can replace the whole laser pretty easily, but you gotta ask if a ps1 is still worth $15 or so to you.

I've bought from this guy before:

http://store.richspsxparts.com/newkspllaas.html

You can probably get it cheaper from China or ebay, but that gives you a general idea. Replacing the assembly is pretty easy, once you have the PSX open it's just a ribbon cable and a little power plug holding it on, it's not like you have to crimp or solder anything. If you like I have a ton of PS1 systems so I could troubleshoot to make sure it is the laser (I don't have any spare lasers though) but it may literally be months before I could even look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You can replace the whole laser pretty easily, but you gotta ask if a ps1 is still worth $15 or so to you.
    I don't have a ps2, my ps1 has the screen, and I want to play Slap Happy Rhythm Busters. So, sure? I don't know.

I may take you up on that offer. Let me know when your schedule opens up a bit.

Well, I agree, that's why I still have real PS1's around. That, and a PS1 is a lot easier to mod than a PS2.

I modded my slimline ps2 all by myself, so it can't be too hard.

The chip I use is 3-6 wires to solder, depending on motherboard revision. Piece of cake, except on the PSOne since it's so tiny.

well fuck you, because my joint is a psone

blaow

So, I haven't really done any neat projects since I moved last year, but it's too damn cold to work on the house or the car right now. And I just got a big box from Jameco!

First up: Make a consolized Atomiswave. I finished the joystick for it yesterday using the shell of an old Madcatz SE. The consolization shouldn't be difficult, but the hard part is going to be making the holes for the DB15 joystick connectors. I got a feeling that it's not going to be pretty.

10. Drill four little holes, use a coping saw and wet sand.