Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 57891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gohan's Project Work Log

A lot of boutique special shit is like that.

in before yeller/josh speech about gett'n paid

2. GET PAID MOTHERNUTTER
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Gohan, how do you feel about Willem products. Thinking about getting the Willem GQ-4X for eprom programming.

They're cheap shit, but get the job done. I have a GQ-4X myself. It's perfect for nes stuff but requires adapters for 16 bit chips. Also, you will need to get an ac adapter, usb power sucks nuts.

Most guys who are hardcore into this start with a Willem and move on to better units. I don't do it enough to make that leap.

5. http://www.bkprecision.com/products/...interface.html

I have one of these at work. If I have any of the right chips, maybe I'll make some repros, too.

got this bundle tonight. Seller offers a 1 year warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261510505362

programmer, 16 bit 40 and 42 pin adapter and eprom eraser.

and just ordered some M27C801 to work with.

Nice deal! That's exactly what I have, except I dont have the adapters.

9. Since Gohan doesn't use this thread, I'm hijacking it so I can publicly pat myself on the back.
    A guy traded in two OG Game Boys yesterday. One looked and played great. One contained neither of those qualities. The crap one wouldn't power on. The battery contacts really didn't look bad at all, but one of them did have a bit of rust on it. So I popped them out, gave them a bit of a sand paper scruff, and then cleaned them and popped them back in. System now powered up! But there were lines through the screen on either end. Dissected it some more and tried the heat gun trick. Ended up creating more lines. I then did what I should have done to begin with and tried reflowing the connection with a soldering iron. It took a few tries, but I eventually got rid of all the lines. YAY!
    So then I had a working system that looked like shit. Well, in my back room of broken garbage sat a Green OG Game Boy that was completely ruined inside because batteries leaked directly onto the board and corroded the hell out of everything (awesome design Nintendo, leave two gaping holes in the battery compartment right where the batteries tend to leak). But the outside shell was immaculate. Several minutes later, (did the board with the screen really need to have 10 screws just by itself?) the good guts were in the good shell and I had a $35 system to sell. Woo~
    Had a couple of bare Genesis "donated" a while ago. One was a VA3 and the other a VA4. Weirdly, they both not only had the loose AC jack problem (hence the donation, I won't pay a nickel for loose broken Genesis); they also both had busted LED bulbs. Of course it doesn't make sense to try to get 2 leds, so I got 500 of them for like $5.00 shipped. They finally arrived, and I fixed both issues on both systems.
    Now I'm going to reward myself with some Nep-Nep.

Nice!

By the way, I would pay handsomely for a Genesis VA2.0 or VA2.8 system if you come across one. Shell not necessary, I just need the motherboard. Also, you might not remember but you sent me a VA3 a couple years back, it's my primary Genesis now.