Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Phantasia

1. Tales of Phantasia

i want this game. i don't really have much to say about this game since i've never played anything the in the series, but man do i want it fuckin badly.

anyways, watch this fuckin awesome movie of the game.

anyways, let's discuss shall we?

2. If the game plays as well as Tales of Destiny or Tales of Eternia, then I'm definitely going to get it. I wonder how the battle system is going to work now. Before it was totally 2D (probably because of system constraints), I hope Namco makes sure that the arenas are of varying sizes relative to their location (big open spaces for outdoors, small and restrictive indoors), and not like the huge ass ones that are in Star Ocean 2. This is also assuming that they keep it in real time and not revert to sucky ass turn-based crap.
    If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years.

3. heh i thought you were talking about the ToP port to the GBA till i checked the video. anyways, like Reno said. if its anything like Destiny or Eternia i will definetly get it (if i ever get a GameCube 1st that is). But until then i'm more interested in Tales of Destiny 2 (not to be confused with Eternia) since according to Madman's Cafe its seems to be sticking to the same Gameplay formula as the other ones. Plus i loved Tales of Destiny and this is a direct sequel ^_^
    here's a quote from MMCafe

Japanese game news site Namae No Nai Heya has released first images of Namco's "Tales of Destiny 2" from Shueisha publishing's Weekly Jump Magazine.

Tales of Destiny 2 takes place 18 years after its prequel. The main character is Kyle Dunamis, the son of Stahn and Rutee from Tales of Destiny 1. Kyle hates boredom and is always looking for something exciting. The heroine of the game is named Liala, a mysterious girl who suddenly appears in front of Kyle, and becomes the reason for him to begin his journey.

Tales of Destiny 2 will still be a 2D based RPG, with most of the field hand drawn except for the world map. The battle scene is still a 2D action based system as well, named the LMB (Linear Motion Battle System). Characters can be moved freely around the battle screen, with a zoom-in assisting the player's view automatically.
    and look at the screens! looks cool to me

4. I am definitely looking forward to the cube Tales game. In fact, I'm looking forward to all of the future Tales games. At first I had to force myself to play ToE, but once I got into it, I loved the hell out of it. Tales of phantasia is a pretty damn good game, I have to get back to finishing it.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

5. Unfortunately ToP2 is one of 5 Tales games currently slated for upcoming release, which means that Namco will pick no more than 2 of them for US release. I hope this is one of them. Damn Namco bloodsuckers trying to bleed us fans dry.

6. I thought you bought everything Namco, Lucas, but you haven't even played a Tales game? Wha!?

I wonder what Namco intends on naming the games from here on if they actually make it to the U.S.? Tales of Destiny 3, 4, 5, etc.? It'll be another SNES Final Fantasy situation, except much worse (essentially wrapping three "series" together if that horrible possibility comes to be). I really hate that.

7. Originally posted by Rob
    I thought you bought everything Namco, Lucas, but you haven't even played a Tales game? Wha!?
    you got me there, but RPGs aren't my thing....but then again, niether is bemani.... 1 Point Rob.

Lucas, make sure you pick up all the great Namco games on TurboGrafx and Genesis if you haven't already. They are much more important than any rhythm game.

9. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    They are much more important than any rhythm game.
    tell me about it.

and no worries, im way ahead of you.

I wouldn't recommend Namco's Quad Challenge on Genesis though. I felt scammed after playing that game. And I only rented it.