Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (PC/ONE/PS4)

1. Old shitty engines have diminishing returns at this point.

2. I have not played a Fallout before this and had no clue VATS even existed until a friend showed me. Even then I am not having much difficulty killing things just point-and-shooting. I even found that VATS was ineffective against the Deathclaw in the very first mech battle. A full mini-gun round would fill the thing right in its face and it brushed it off. It was much easier to fill it directly or blow up the cars nearby to damage it. One thing I dislike is that the melee button and grenade button are the same button — I have accidentally dropped a grenade at my feet a few times. As a side benefit it almost surely killed the enemy I was trying to cut.

So far so good. I really like the perks system in a shooter thing they have going on. I have begun crafting my weapons as well which I thought I would hate but it's been swell. I started out of need to get a suppressor on my rifles for sneaking around and I find that sneaking is kind of not the most prudent course of action. After killing 1 or 2 dudes stealthily you eventually get in to a full on fire fight with EVERYBODY in the damn place at some point. Maybe this will change as I level up though!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Old shitty engines have diminishing returns at this point.
    Depends on what their goals were and if they believe the engine can competently handle them enough. For Fallout it's hard to argue they can't since the game isn't a traditional FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Old shitty engines have diminishing returns at this point.
    You won't see a new engine until at least next generation. They've already done the work on it for this game, and now they can pump out Fallout New New York or something in two years and still make a fortune doing it. And even then next gen they might still find a way to make this thing work for them.

I'm really disappointed by this news. The fallout series is top 5 for me all time.

Thank goodness the x-com reboot was good.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I'm really disappointed by this news. The fallout series is top 5 for me all time.
    It's not a terrible game by any means. Not in my opinion, anyways. If you liked Fallout 3 then I think you will most likely enjoy this one at least a little bit.

I thought it was fun, it's just not among the series' better entries.

7. I don't think the game is that much different from Fallout 3. The dialogue options are more limited but if you want to wander the wasteland and kill everything you see you'll be fine.

8. I think there are elements that are flawed but I don't think it's nearly ^ THAT bad. It still feels like Fallout.

New Vegas was a bug ridden unplayable mess for me on my 360 - to the point that I gave up playing it for 6-8 months until it was patched enough that I could actually play it. Other than that, Obsidian did a nice job, but "that" is pretty serious.

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I think there are elements that are flawed but I don't think it's nearly ^ THAT bad. It still feels like Fallout.

New Vegas was a bug ridden unplayable mess for me on my 360 - to the point that I gave up playing it for 6-8 months until it was patched enough that I could actually play it. Other than that, Obsidian did a nice job, but "that" is pretty serious.
    Much as I loved it, New Vegas red-ringed my first 360.

Fallout 4 is an excellent game. It's no GotY (that would be Witcher 3, barring a miracle). But my 8-month old baby cries less over a shitty diaper than TNL has over this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. I'm not a Witcher 3 fan. I'm liking this game a hell of a lot more. I may never finish The Witcher 3, while I most certainly will finish Fallout 4, and than some.