Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (PC/ONE/PS4)

1. I tried building a house on a cement slab that was left over after scrapping a house. I could never get the roof to line up. I checked out a video to see how it was done and the guy built a wooden floor before setting the walls.

2. Foundation can clip almost anything and can be raised up really high to essentially make a cement wall. You can completely fix castle with them.

3. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    And what's the deal with airline food?

Sorry, I'll let myself out.
    There actually is a deal with airline food:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...-bad-chef.html

4. Is there anything negative about not basebuilding and letting all of the settlers fend for themselves?

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Is there anything negative about not basebuilding and letting all of the settlers fend for themselves?
    I'm banking on "no," but we'll see. It helps that I don't give a rosy red fuck about the settlers.

Should've named my character Ayn. Wasted opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. The more I play this, the more disappointed I am by it. It just doesn't feel like a next gen game, more like an expensive Skyrim mod. The map isn't particularly big, and it plays virtually the same as Fallout 3. Compared to any other Bethesda RPG, it is by far the least improved over the previous, despite being on newer hardware. It's still fun and a good game, but it's only the 4th or 5th best console RPG of this gen so far, probably lower on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    it plays virtually the same as Fallout 3.
    I wish this were true.

i couldnt get into fallout 3. this. im hooked. i like it a lot more. the controls feel better. i love teh crafting system. everythign is just better imo. i think its a great game and i am enjoying the shit out of it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I tried building a house on a cement slab that was left over after scrapping a house. I could never get the roof to line up. I checked out a video to see how it was done and the guy built a wooden floor before setting the walls.
    Rookie mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Is there anything negative about not basebuilding and letting all of the settlers fend for themselves?
    If you open up supply lines you will be a richer character. If your entire creed is battle-forward then maybe not. But as a sneaky character having resources really helps me out a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    i couldnt get into fallout 3. this. im hooked. i like it a lot more. the controls feel better. i love teh crafting system. everythign is just better imo. i think its a great game and i am enjoying the shit out of it.
    I agree. There's still a lot of tedious shit to do but it's mainly directed at your desire to improve your character. Previous stuff like weapons deteriorating was a deal breaker, as was side characters dying since who the hell didn't just restart from a save point when it happened anyway? They could have made the missions have more paths to them like previous games, though, and your settlers and side characters feel unimportant because their storylines seem silly.

Overall though it seems fine.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 26 Nov 2015 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    If you open up supply lines you will be a richer character. If your entire creed is battle-forward then maybe not. But as a sneaky character having resources really helps me out a ton.
    Hrm. Seems tedious - I'm level 21 and have 70+ stimpaks in my inventory without having had to buy much at all. IDK, I guess this aspect of the game just isn't my thing. I like the sole adventurer/lone wanderer aspect of the game, I don't want to build buildings, plan defenses, and plant corn. If you enjoy it, good, but I think there should be an option to automate it or delegate it.