Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/10/43...s-rift-support

Half-Life 2 is the next Valve game to get OR support. A beta version is live now although it's reportedly less polished than TF2.
    God dammit, Valve, PORTAL FUCKING 2. I want to play explorationy games where they go flying through the air with this thing, not shootmans.

2. I want to play Descent and Jumping Flash! on this thing.

3. I want to play racers on it too

Fuck yes, on all of those.

5. Oh god, Jumping Flash would be so rad.

I really hadn't seriously considered racers, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. I always hated cockpit views in racers since you really can't put your eyes on what you really need to be looking at (the next turn usually.)

The Forest is bordering on my dream game, since support for this has already been announced.

8. Anything with a cockpit view is going to work pretty well. This is also why Hawken and Star Citizen work.

I really think first-person shooters are probably among the least interesting first-person games to play with this, because they don't really emphasize immersive qualities like motion, realism, or exploration. They're just arcadey.

All of this "let's patch in half-assed support for every old game" doesn't excite me. There are a few like Portal 2 and Mirror's Edge that I think would be really good if done right, but for the most part I think the best experiences are going to be new games designed with the Rift in mind. If they can really sell 500,000 of these in a year like they hope (a pretty big "if") then we'll definitely start seeing some of that.

9. I want Doom 3. With some kind of checkpoint-save patch. I don't have the willpower to not F5 all day if given the option.

Driving games could actually be pretty amazing with this thing. The first person GTA IV mod running on this would be pretty great, too.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery