Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. I feel like this is the perfect companion for PC centric consumers to give a reason to spread their idealogy Wii-sports style.

Regardless I'm all over this shit day one retail.

2. 90s was way too early for VR to work. It's great to see the tech getting a second shot now that it's matured to a point where it's possible to live up to its initial promise. I may not do day-1 (currently not poor, but not even close to rich) but it'll be close.

James

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    As for games that will fully support it, I'm most pumped for Star Citizen
    Yep. Could be brilliant.

Reading the articles you linked at the bottom really has my head working. The problems brought up are all solvable...we are going to see some really sweet tech in the future. I'm going to be old though and my kids are going to whoop my ass at new games omg.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. I'll buy it when the entire machine is contained within the goggles themselves, instead of them just being an interface for a separate machine.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I'll buy it when the entire machine is contained within the goggles themselves, instead of them just being an interface for a separate machine.
    Considering they want the wearable part to be as light as possible, I can't imagine this happening any time soon.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Reading the articles you linked at the bottom really has my head working. The problems brought up are all solvable...we are going to see some really sweet tech in the future.
    Yeah, I mean it's important to remember, the Rift is still basically a kit product. There's no big money being poured into low-level R&D for this thing just yet. If MS or Sony wanted to make a new console with something like this, believe me, we'd be seeing 4000x1000 displays before long. The fact is, for everything else they make those panels for, there'd be no point in making such a display, so it's going to take someone proving this can make money before they even attempt to solve these problems.

8. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nintendon_62169_640screen.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	68259

After the Wii U has its shitty run, Nintendo is gonna partner up!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'm planning to buy one when they hit production.
    same

we are like 2 years away from HD VR with major game support...after playing games for 28 years, how awesome is that?
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 12 Jan 2013 at 01:16 PM.

10. Josh Topolsky seems very enthusiastic about this product. The Verge named it best in show and said this:

The Oculus Rift changed my life. No, seriously. My childhood (at least the formative years) was spent reading novels like Neuromancer and Snow Crash, and poring over stories about a future promised by Mondo 2000 and Wired. Virtual reality has long been the ultimate promise of technology — the magic mandala, a doorway to the infinite. But the thing is: it never happened. We got touchscreens, motion sensors, the tablet revolution, body-hacking… but we never got our cyberdecks. Until now. The Oculus Rift actually delivers on the promise, and then some. It’s really, really amazing. Truly and honestly a revelation, a trip, a rabbit hole. And I’m going in. Forever. Goodbye universe. Hello universe.

– Joshua Topolsky