Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think it could be pretty difficult, actually, because of the fisheye rendering thing, which supposedly uses some programmable shader stuff and not just a custom FOV. Like I said, this thing is probably not going to be a good 3D viewer, but there are already products like that out there.
    The way I see it, we have drivers that can force games to render two viewports, so maybe it isn't crazy to force FOV changes (I think I've seen generic FOV-overriding applications on widescreen enthusiast forums) and combine the views onto a buffer. There are enthusiasts that already have Source games and Mirror's Edge and a few others rendering in a Rift-ready fashion, too, so maybe if I'm being way too optimistic here existing games won't be that hard to manually patch.

2. I keep reading impressions of this thing and I find myself wishing I had dropped the cash for a dev unit. A year is so far away!

3. You can still pre-order the April 2013 dev-units at the site.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. I have other things to spend money on I had other things to spend money on I have other things to spend money on You aren't helping!

James

5. I stab myself with a toothpick whenever I get the temptation to order the dev kit. Got to hold out for the consumer model.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. yeah probably the best idea. Just save it for the real model.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. That's the plan. I'd rather have the consumer edition, no matter how nice it would be to live in The Future!!!.

James

He says while typing on a portable computer that makes phone calls.

9. Show it at PAX-E pls.

10. I am this close to getting a dev kit.

Should anything stop me? Mirror's Edge in VR would be apeshit