Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495161 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. oh shit this goober doujin 3D STG (Suwapyon 2):

...has DK2 support now. I'll try it out when I get home.

And there's a version of Dolphin out there with DK2 support. Resident Evil 4 has black bars floating in space behind Leon lol and Smash is like a fighting Nintendo toy playset that I can orbit my head around. Runs like crap for me, though. Apparently F-Zero GX is awesome if you can get it fully set up.

2. What about Rogue Leader?

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    What about Rogue Leader?
    Oh. My. God.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    oh shit this goober doujin 3D STG (Suwapyon 2):

...has DK2 support now. I'll try it out when I get home.
    Hahahahahaha no. No. You cannot dodge those bullets. That is not even a game.

5. It's surprisingly playable! That's like the turbohard mode but even Lunatic is surprisingly approachable.

Here's me trying it out with the headset on: http://www.twitch.tv/kntain/c/4823244?t=2m45s

6. Skyroads VR:

I guess Skyroads is open source now?

7. A lot of Gamecube shit is buggy but PN03 is actually really solid:

Click for full size

If I could emulate that at 100% speed with the Rift on I could see myself playing it that way.

9. Man, Harmonix just can't keep away from the bright light of gimmicky hardware huh.

Consumer specs finalized but not publicized:

Even if the specs have been finalized, Luckey wasn't willing to spell them out. He said the system's resolution would see "a significant increase" from the 1080p currently featured in the latest developer kit, but he wouldn't say to what. Similarly, the screen refresh rate will be bumped from 75Hz to 90Hz "or higher."

The price is also still in flux, as co-founder Nate Mitchell told the site the company wants to make it as cheap as possible, but hasn't accounted for all the variables yet.

"We want to stay in that $200-$400 price range," Mitchell said. "That could slide in either direction depending on scale, pre-orders, the components we end up using, business negotiations..."
    I'm glad I resisted the DKs. I'll be all-in on consumer day one.