Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. CliffyB has made games typically on the forefront of technology. Paul Brettner has made X with Friends.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    CliffyB has made games typically on the forefront of technology. Paul Brettner has made X with Friends.
    But he got rich doing it, and he's an investor in the Oculus company. That's why he's there.

I really think the next-gen consoles missed the boat on this. A real VR set up could have sold a lot of Nextboxes, and even made Kinect relevant. Maybe they can do an add-on later.

I also think once other people do catch wise to this as a viable medium, you're going to see people blow the Rift out of the water. My hope is that, since it's open source, Rift will end up becoming more of a compatibility standard and consumers will have a range of choices from cheap $100 units to high-end units with focal depth, crazy high resolutions, and simulated equilibrium. There's so much you can do with VR depending on the resources you have to commit to it.

3. I am just wondering if we can get the Rift first because a bunch of assholes won't buy single player games anymore. 'It was awesome but I didn't pay for it'

4. A friend of mine got his in at work today and I tried it out (Tuscany demo) for a few brief minutes. My impressions wouldn't be any different from those you see all over: it's low resolution but you forget about that quickly, it's a little disorienting but you get used to it, it's not heavy, and it's too damn cool and I was grinning like an idiot.

I'll be able to try whatever I can find on my desktop tonight so I'm pumped.

5. I'm still holding out for the consumer model but oh god it's not easy.

aaahhh so jelly

7. I can't wait for all the waifu simulators to hit market after this thing is released.

8. The stereoscopic mode is useless to me, so I really hope the head-tracking is all it's cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    I can't wait for all the waifu simulators to hit market after this thing is released.
    Oculus Onahole

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    A friend of mine got his in at work today and I tried it out (Tuscany demo) for a few brief minutes. My impressions wouldn't be any different from those you see all over: it's low resolution but you forget about that quickly, it's a little disorienting but you get used to it, it's not heavy, and it's too damn cool and I was grinning like an idiot.

I'll be able to try whatever I can find on my desktop tonight so I'm pumped.
    Jealousy +1,000

I had the (now obvious) epiphany yesterday that this is the next generation for me.