Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    A friend of mine got his in at work today and I tried it out (Tuscany demo) for a few brief minutes. My impressions wouldn't be any different from those you see all over: it's low resolution but you forget about that quickly, it's a little disorienting but you get used to it, it's not heavy, and it's too damn cool and I was grinning like an idiot.

I'll be able to try whatever I can find on my desktop tonight so I'm pumped.
    So this was you?

look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Mirrors Edge

3. Oh god oh god I'm so fucking hard

I would pay all of the monies if someone developed an Xbox emulator and patched in support for Breakdown.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Breakdown.
    Hells to the yes.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Those jumps must feel amazing.

6. The field of view is disappointingly narrow.

The first thing I am doing when I get mine is putting cookie monster eyes on it.

8. I'm pretty into this. Something like Mirror's Edge will be amazing. But I'm not sure I actually want to be moving my head around to look at stuff for every game I play from here on out. I think that will wear thin the quickest. Nice to have it as an option, but I'm guessing mouse/analog stick will probably be most people's primary look after the novelty wears off with head-tracking be a cool little ancillary input method. Maybe like the gyro aiming in Golden Abyss​.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I'm pretty into this. Something like Mirror's Edge will be amazing. But I'm not sure I actually want to be moving my head around to look at stuff for every game I play from here on out. I think that will wear thin the quickest. Nice to have it as an option, but I'm guessing mouse/analog stick will probably be most people's primary look after the novelty wears off with head-tracking be a cool little ancillary input method. Maybe like the gyro aiming in Golden Abyss​.
    It's a little more than that. Even having it respond to fairly subtle head movements, really increases the sense that the image extends infinitely all around you. It's not really about using it as a control method.
    Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The field of view is disappointingly narrow.
    This seems like more of a "blame your eyeballs" situation, as the thresholds he's describing are narrower than what's on-screen for us to see.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 19 Apr 2013 at 10:44 PM.

10. Really hoping they announce the consumer version at E3 or thereabouts. I tell myself I don't want a developer unit but there's only so long I can keep pretending I believe that.

James