Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 304042434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. this thing arrived at the local distribution center today but not to me and i'm dying

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day at work, but immediately after I'm gonna have to try every demo I can, resist buying Elite Dangerous, and do some workarounds to test this with my UE4 stuff.
    Last edited by Tain; 30 Jul 2014 at 01:22 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Mech could be balls deep in an anime girl RIGHT NOW
    I want it in and around my mouth.

3. It's here.

omg omg

5. Do the rings go around your penis?

6. I think they're lenses

but you can knock em out and do what you want

7. I want one so bad.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. These laptops here at work can't run Tuscany at 100% speed unless you're outside and not looking at the house, lol. But when it's at full speed it's as nice as I remember it being at PAX East. Can't wait to get home and try this for real.
    Last edited by Tain; 30 Jul 2014 at 03:30 PM.

9. This thing rules. Even just loading DK2 Tuscany and leaning into wall mounted candles and shit is so neat.

I tried that Cyberspace amusement park ride and it was pretty harsh. Radial G is probably the most disorienting thing I tried that could conceivably be a cool game, but in this case the game is super basic. I caved on Elite and it seems amazing. It probably has the best use of head tracking I've seen, and they did a great job of fitting the complexity of Frontier into a super slick UI using it. Unfortunately it stutters a bit, and I guess I'm not the only one with this issue (saw epmode mention it on GAF), but even with the stutter in place I'm probably going to play the crap out of it. Unreal Engine 4's Rift support is great: it pretty much just worked from the start in my project. I tried some other oddball demos, too, and will probably spend tonight trying more.

I can't believe how fast and responsive the head tracking is. Easily the most reliable motion controls I've tried.

10. Is it better for extended use or is there still a motion sickness issue?