Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 314143444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift

1. It's night and day better on the motion sickness front than DK1. I was playing Elite and trying demos for hours on end yesterday and the only thing to give me trouble was this:

I'm assuming it depends on the person, too. Some people get sick in fucking cars.

God damn I can't wait for the consumer version of this.

4. It definitely varies person to person. The Valve guy that was implementing VR into TF2 said that "getting your VR legs" was a thing, and I've put a few hours into using the DK1 so maybe I had some level of tolerance going in.

And as much as the step up to 1080p helps, it still makes sense that they'd aim for higher for the consumer version. The pixel grid is less bothersome but it's still there, and reading text on cockpit displays in Elite sometimes requires a little bit of leaning. At least it's rad that I can do that!
    Last edited by Tain; 31 Jul 2014 at 01:12 PM.

5. I think the display is a pentile subpixel arrangement rather than full rgb so that's going yo exacerbate the sense of seeing between pixels and having less defined text. Even if the consumer version is still 1080p but without the pentile it might be adequate.

6. yo exacerbate raps.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. So I have to tell them I'm developing some software to even use this thing? I feel a bit guilty about that

I really just want to play with it

8. You wouldn't be the first to make up a project. It sounds like that's what most are doing.

It is kinda weird to have the field be required.

9. Prior game development experience: I screwed around with the Build editor and made some stupid shit

10. We just got one of the dev kit 2's in our office to start developing with, going to set it up now! WHEEEEEEEE!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.