Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 515171819

Thread: Watch Dogs

1. Finished the story today. The game is very average overall and the hacking was just a lame gimmick. I was bored by the final act. 6/10.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. I already mostly forgot this game exists.

3. GTA 5 is better in every possible way. Even the story missions are boring in this. There's no fun. It's just so blah.

The forever long credit scroll that can't be skipped kind of makes me hate the game. I would have just turned it off but I wanted my useless 100pt achieve, which didn't pop until they were over. Fuck this game.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 20 Jun 2014 at 01:53 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. I still haven't finished it. GTA5 is certainly better, but this has its charm. The stealth and puzzle-like elements were a nice change of pace for the genre and the mission design was pretty good overall.

It didn't blow me away but it's a good game with a lot of content. Better than a lot of Ubi franchise starters like AC1 or Far Cry 2.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 23 Jun 2014 at 06:43 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    GTA 5 is better in every possible way. Even the story missions are boring in this. There's no fun. It's just so blah.

The forever long credit scroll that can't be skipped kind of makes me hate the game. I would have just turned it off but I wanted my useless 100pt achieve, which didn't pop until they were over. Fuck this game.
    You're a glutton for punishment. I've played @ 12 hours of this game and have had a hard time finding a want to play it more. The hacking stuff just seems to get in the way, more than offering a unique gaming experience. It's like GTA gone wrong.

6. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    The forever long credit scroll that can't be skipped kind of makes me hate the game. I would have just turned it off but I wanted my useless 100pt achieve.
    So I see Ubisoft found a way to finally make people sit through the longest credits sequences ever.

Although, to be honest, I do this for every game I beat.

7. My thoughts on this seem to be very different than most. I'm having a lot of fun playing this, and I'm barely getting any of the story missions done because I have so much fun with the random crimes and lighting all the towers. The way invasions work in this game is really fun because you can never actually lose anything if you're successfully invaded. If you don’t feel like dealing with an invader you can just go about your merry way and he'll be gone in two or three minutes, several XP richer. But if you do manage to stop him, even partially, you're rewarded. It takes the stress out of it and leaves the fun.

8. Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

9. I just finished that part.

10. So there seem to be hints that the DLC will be set in Camden, NJ, which is a pretty bold choice and one that would interest me quite a lot. I grew up around Camden, and I went to school there for a year, and it's a sad, bleak town, made sadder by the fact that it's full of a lot of good people in a hard situation.

It's also interesting from the perspective of this series because it's recently become something of a police/surveillance state. The police force more or less collapsed, and stopped even responding to most calls, so the state took over and established a sophisticated surveillance/tracking system, and deployed a new police force to patrol the area and respond to crimes. Camden's not a particularly iconic or recognizable city to most of America, but it makes a lot of sense for a game like Watch Dogs to be set there.