Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Infinity (3DS, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 360)

1. Also Invader Zim is the bad guy in Skylanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Thanks, guys. How do the Skylanders annual releases work? Is anything backward/forward compatible?

3. I imagine it's all forward compatible. Backward is a lot to hope for, considering a lot of the stuff wasn't sculpted when the software was released; DLC maybe?

(Fiancee has a friend whose kids have a million of these things)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. All of the old figures work with the new games.
    And what is best about Swap Force is that they got rid of the "ownership" garbage.
    In the first Skylander (SL1), whoever used a figure first took ownership of that figure. You could still use it at someone else's house, but that person wouldn't get a bonus for having that character (each dude has an element, and there are 8 different elements altogether. Every time you register another figure, that elemental power overal would increase). So if you had 3 fire guys, you'd get a +15 fire element stat boost.
    When Giants came out (which was a rushed, not piece of garbage, but very mediocre experience), you could use all your SL1 guys, but you'd have to go into the menus, and switch ownership from SL1 to Giants. Then guess what if you felt like playing SL1 again? Yeah. Doing that X 32 characters to get the best stat upgrades was fucking annoying.

So with SwapForce, they threw that shit out the window. There are a few guys that have appeared in each game. If you take the SL1 version of Spyro and pop him on a portal for Swapforce, you automatically get credited for having that character. No more switching ownership, and you don't need to have the SF version of an older character to unlock any bonuses or anything like that.

So everything is backward compatable. But because the older games don't have character details for new figures built in (and DLC doesn't exist for this game because it all spawned from Wii specs), only new releases of older guys will work in the older games. All previously existing figures will work in the newest games. The only new figures that will work in the older games are ones that were already in the old games, but have been released with a new pose. So SwapForce Spyro will work in SL1, because there was a Spyro in that game. But Scorp, who is a new guy who debuted in Swap Force, will not work in either SL1 or Giants.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 25 Nov 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Got it... I think. Thanks again.

7. Churning out a gold mine and laying off several hundred at the same time.

The wife and I picked up Infinity on Black Friday. Hoping to capitalize on sales this year and give it to the boys this Christmas.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Churning out a gold mine and laying off several hundred at the same time.

The wife and I picked up Infinity on Black Friday. Hoping to capitalize on sales this year and give it to the boys this Christmas.
    How did that go over? Did they enjoy it?

9. Sorry, this coming Christmas (or maybe the older tots August birthday). Should be plenty of time to find figures without going broke on impulse buys, plus they are only now noticing these in stores.

Thankfully there is no sign of Star Wars yet.