Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Infinity (3DS, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 360)

1. Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

The Vita starter pack with the exclusive Symbiote Spider-Man is nearing release, which coupled with boredom to motivate me to educate myself about this whole thing today. Anyone who cares probably already knows more than me about the console versions, but I stumbled onto the PC version that I didn't even know existed.

It's a "free" download on the game's website, so I got to thinking that it probably would work with any of the USB base things, making it essentially like the console versions except that you could start with any play set. Nope. It doesn't use the physical toys at all directly. Instead, you can either buy digital versions of the toys and play sets ($6 for the figures and $25 for the play sets) or enter the codes that come with the physical ones. There's also a specific Steam version that takes the choice away and starts with the same starter pack you get at retail for consoles: Avengers play set, Iron Man, and Black Widow. However, it doesn't have any common Steam features like achievements, trading cards, cloud saves, etc.

The one thing worth noting that I discovered about the game in general is how little cross compatibility there is. For example, very few of the Marvel figures can be used across the three play sets: Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spider-Man. I think Iron Man is the only one that can be used in all three. Spider-Man and Rocket can each be used in two. Most characters are exclusive to their universe. Infinity my ass.

3. Trying to fit the "Cars" vehicles into everything made 'em give up on that, I imagine they don't even think about it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Infinity has been nothing but a huge disappointment from the get.
    Despite my vocalized disinterest in the Marvel set, I did think about it in a weak moment. Thankfully I skimmed some user reviews, saw that nothing had changed since the first lackluster one, and moved on.

5. I've got a cool Venom plastic statue, that's all I want out of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I've got a cool Venom plastic statue, that's all I want out of it.
    I like that one. Been thinking about picking up a couple of those figures because I like how they look, fuck the game.

7. Sean Galloway designed a bunch of 'em, he also worked on the Spectacular Spider-Man TV show. Good dude! Nice style.

Ready your surprised faces. Disney Infinity 3.0 is Star Wars.

9. Get ready for all Clone Wars/Rebels characters.

10. And Ewoks. Hella Ewoks.