Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Infinity (3DS, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 360)

Disney Infinity (3DS, PS3, Wii, Wii U, 360)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Disney Interactive has announced Disney Infinity, an "interactive gaming platform" consisting of several multiplatform games that will coalesce into one big game, sort of.

The way it works is each playable character is tethered to a physical figurine that needs to be plugged into a port ala Skylanders. Though unlike Activision's mega-hit, Disney Infinity goes one step further by allowing each property to have its own game: though it doesn't appear that these will be sold individually.

Instead, players buy sets of figurines and each character can enter their respective world or "Play Set." The Play Sets can only be accessed by characters from their particular franchises. Initially players will buy a starter pack containing Sulley, Captain Jack Sparrow and Mr. Incredible (though up to 20 characters will be available at launch).
    Link with more information

That sound you heard was Chux searching for a bankruptcy attorney.

2. ALL OF THE TOYS

3. Real Talk: I'm interested in exactly what you can do with "toy box mode".

4. I normally don't come into threads just to shit on games, but these stupid toy-buying things are amazingly retarded.

James

5. It seems like a great way to get kids to not think twice about DLC in the future.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. The whole concept is a gold mine. And they don't discount Marvel or Star Wars being a part of this. Two years from now the entire toy aisle will emulating it.

7. I have a feeling this is the next Guitar Hero, or at least Skylanders was and this will be the Rock Band. Give it about 6 years and see if this is still huge.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I normally don't come into threads just to shit on games, but these stupid toy-buying things are amazingly retarded.

James
    And now you know why you shouldn't. <3

9. The pitch went something like, "We're Disney-Pixar, our fans want us to make embarrassingly terrible cash-ins with absolutely no sense of dignity."
    Donk

Toys have always been ridiculously exploitative (with the notable exception of Lego, which is merely really expensive), so I don't really see how this is any worse than what toy companies already do.

I don't like the art style though. That angular look doesn't quite match any of the properties shown.

The one interesting thing about this is that it's apparently building upon the toy box mode in Toy Story 3, which was really great as far as sandbox environments go. You could do missions and stuff to earn all sorts of things to change and customize the world. I presume that what they'll be doing is selling you all sorts of real toys that unlock customization in the game.