Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE #Stupid

1. I beat all three of the last FE games, but I was also jobless, soooooo.

Actually I did get FE on Gamecube and Wii, didn't I. I played through the Cube one, but not all the way through the Wii one. And then my bud lost the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I am stocking up rpgs for retirement, I plan to live to 90.
    Hell yes. I'm going to use that one-handed PS1 RPG controller so I can permanently have the other hand down my pants, Al Bundy style.

4. We better stock up on that controller.

5. Oculus remote imo.

Fuck that. I hope Facebook is long bankrupt.

7. So far, I'm really digging how stupid, vibrant, and ridiculous this game is.

It's about pop idols who summon Fire Emblem demons in a secret agency that's tasked with defending humanity's...um, Performa from being stolen by other demons. It's incredibly stupid.

It's also hyper vibrant, like confetti candy for your eyeballs. It's well designed in the same way a Persona/SMT game is, but with a color palette that says, "fuck it, and fuck your eyes too."

I love it so far.

Combat is the usual Persona-styled turn combat stuff, but then there are Sessions. If you learn a Session skill, it automatically triggers after a normal skill someone else uses, so long as an enemy is weak to that skill, and the session can chain off of that type. So like, an early Session skill you get chains from elec-based attacks. So someone uses Zio on an enemy weak to it, and the Session skill triggers for free. No EP cost, doesn't burn up that character's turn. The intro chapter does a good job introducing all this stuff and immediately making it useful with the first boss. I was taking 2/3 turns where all three people in my team would attack. So like...7 attacks before the boss could even go.

It's fun, it's nonsense, and I'd recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. it's really good.
    Donk

9. BETTER THAN PERSONA 3 AND 4
    Donk

10. but not Persona 2, Persona 2 is the best game
    Donk