Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: 2013 MLB Spring Training Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Fuck no on 3 (be careful what you ask for), 4, 9, and 14 (let the law handle the law). Prioritize the rest right after 10. And where is Pete Rose on the HoF list there? He's way, way ahead of those guys.
    Why not 9? A team in PR would be fantastic! And Montreal has more baseball history than a lot of American cities. Shitty ownership (LORIA!) pissed off fans and the province. The Expos are beloved.

Your explanation for 3... makes sense.

I'm not in favor of expansion in general. It's on the list of stupid things Bettman did. It waters down the talent too much, especially in the pitching department. 1961 was an expansion year, which is why so many HRs were hit. The last thing we need is MLB looking like the NFL and NHL where defense has been eliminated.

And if you're going to expand, make it here/Charlotte.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not in favor of expansion in general. It's on the list of stupid things Bettman did. It waters down the talent too much, especially in the pitching department. 1961 was an expansion year, which is why so many HRs were hit. The last thing we need is MLB looking like the NFL and NHL where defense has been eliminated.

And if you're going to expand, make it here/Charlotte.
    Move the Rays and Marlins.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 30 Mar 2013 at 09:39 AM.

4. Saw this on MLBtraderumors.com:

Cashman has described his recent scramble to add players by evoking the famous Emma Lazarus line featured on the Statue of Liberty: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to break free."