Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

1. Don't worry man.. people can't see over 24hz.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Should we talk about what distance you need to be from your monitor to notice the difference between 4k and 1080p?
    Do you sit more than 2 feet from your monitor, though?

Not that I'm defending that kind of resolution whoring in a game like this, but you CAN see the difference. A lot more than you can see that your phone is fucking QHD or whatever they are now.

3. I just want this to be like Skyrim in the sense that I can do the bare minimum of story up top then walk off into the wilderness. No level scaling on enemies is exactly what I want.

The monster design and "story" aren't really pulling me in here.

4. Witcher's story is usually pretty strong. There's a really well fleshed out world and a lot of complicated forces at work. It's one of those rare games that handles moral choice well, in that there is no clear right or wrong, but still drastically different consequences for your actions.

5. Some reviews are out according to Gamespot, and it looks like the difficulty is a step down from Assassins of Kings. It's probably best to start on Hard, or at least a level higher than what you picked on AoK. Kotaku's Kirk Hamilton said that Geralt can get overleveled a bit too quick in Normal. Having played the PS4 version for the review, he says it has a decent framerate most of the time (30-ish uncapped). When the SHTF late in the game, some busier fights can tax the framerate. Hopefully the promised day-one patch sorts that issue.

6. Reviews seem pretty damn happy with the game. Early review embargo is a confident move, too. Refreshing after crap like Assassin's Creed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Some reviews are out according to Gamespot, and it looks like the difficulty is a step down from Assassins of Kings.
    So Geralt is completely invincible this time?

8. Game Trailers gave it a 9.8, it sounds awesome.

I played Witcher 2 on Hard, so I guess I'm up to Insane or Dark or whatever they name the top difficulty mode but without the permadeath bullshit. Glad to see this getting great reviews, though only a consistent set of 3/10s would have made me rethink my pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I played Witcher 2 on Hard, so I guess I'm up to Insane or Dark or whatever they name the top difficulty mode but without the permadeath bullshit. Glad to see this getting great reviews, though only a consistent set of 3/10s would have made me rethink my pre-order.
    Agreed on all accounts.