Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

1. I can't believe we've come this far and he's still not The Witchest.

2. Please be optimized better than the second game.

Also I can't wait for this. I've only got a little time into the series but changes like this will take something good and make it something great.

3. It bears mentioning that while the art assets may be close to finished, the actual renderer is not. The lighting in the final game will look better along with some graphics stuff like skin shaders.

CD Projekt Red is already confirming that the PC version will look better than the next gen console versions. While this is very much predictable, it's still funny to read it a year-plus early and before the new consoles are even announced.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    CD Projekt Red is already confirming that the PC version will look better than the next gen console versions. While this is very much predictable, it's still funny to read it a year-plus early and before the new consoles are even announced.
    On what hardware though? On Frog's Core 2 Duo? Or on a Haswell+GeForce 780 setup built in January 2014? There's no reason why the latter shouldn't look better.

I'd guess somewhere in-between. I can't imagine the new consoles keeping up with a 660 GTX.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'd guess somewhere in-between. I can't imagine the new consoles keeping up with a 660 GTX.
    I could, mostly on account of the lower overhead on consoles. Console stuff always looks a lot better than PCs with equivalent hardware.

Right, but these aren't going to have equivalent hardware, are they? I thought the GPUs were a generation behind that.

9. I bought Oblivion on the PC and it looked better than the console game on my decent comp (Athlon X2, GeForce 7800). That game came out what, 6 months after 360 came out?

The whole point is that here it is in 2012, the 360 is still getting new games while that PC is sitting in a landfill in China.

I'm not sure what people expect out of consoles, but it's not what consoles are good at.