Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

1. There is no defending console graphics. That top shot is from ICEnhancer 2.5 and I can run it on my PC (well not yet since it's not out but 2.1 runs just fine and this won't tax it much more) . GTA V won't even compare and neither will any GTA put out on the PS4.

Consoles have their purpose, but no informed person should expect any console version of any game to look better than a proper PC port, especially if they put in future proof graphics options or you can see Nvidias control panel to force options onto the game.
    Last edited by Opaque; 11 Feb 2013 at 01:46 PM.

2. Well, like I said, I don't know why people think consoles should have best graphics, it's not what they are there for.

3. I really thought that top picture was for reals. That is some seriously impressive detail. I would restart and finish GTA4 if it looked like that for me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Right, but these aren't going to have equivalent hardware, are they? I thought the GPUs were a generation behind that.
    Well yeah, but so is a 660 compared to a 680.

5. Maybe it's because we are all old, and in the early days up to 16 bit, consoles usually did have better graphics.

6. Eh, only if you limit the discussion to IBM-compatible PCs. Amiga, X68000, and Atari ST ran circles around the NES.

7. Hi. I like this game , but prefer to play the previous version , that was really cool .

8. cool story

(There's a 1080p version here)

I've attached an interesting frame that was in the trailer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEGI_h264_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_Debut_Gameplay_Trailer.mp4_snapshot_01.41_[2013.06.13_21.12..jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	70496

10. Graphically, I'm kind of underwhelmed by this. It doesn't looks all that much better than Witcher, and when you look at it next to some of the PS4 stuff that's been demoed recently, it's a little disappointing. The soldier guarding the castle in the trailer with the big furry shoulders looked awful, with flat sticker textures for the fur. Fine for current gen, but yeah.

Game will still be rad as fuck, though.