Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2737394041

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

1. I played a few hours of this the other day and I think my copy got swapped with everyone else's version of Arkham Knight, because holy shit is this the buggiest game I've played in a long time. I've run around in mid-air over enemy heads, once got killed because an enemy looked at me from about 15 feet away, had entire combos just pass through enemies like they weren't even there, and other assorted nonsense.

As usual the writing is very good and the combat is passable enough when it works. I probably should've started on something besides death march just to get it over with, but from what I read it ends up just as easy as the other difficulties within the first ten hours. Using signs is still really clunky and slow, but I guess they would be broken otherwise.

I really like the townsfolk and they do a great job of making pretty much everyone an asshole. Everyone is so distrustful of Garrett that it makes me have him be super nice to people just because they all hate each other, but I think I played him more dickish last time. Just waiting now for the first real choice about getting to kill plot characters.

In case anyone needs more evidence that CD Projekt Red is amazing.

3. I about broke my controller after dying nearly a thousand times against that damned Djinn. Whoever designed that character needs to have a finger broken.

4. I feel like Witcher 3 is a bit too easy, regardless of difficulty setting, save for a few particular boss encounters. The one that really stands out in my memory is the 'When It's Many Against One...' achievement in Hearts of Stone. I did manage that on Death March fair and square, but it certainly wasn't a breeze.

5. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    I feel like Witcher 3 is a bit too easy, regardless of difficulty setting, save for a few particular boss encounters. The one that really stands out in my memory is the 'When It's Many Against One...' achievement in Hearts of Stone. I did manage that on Death March fair and square, but it certainly wasn't a breeze.
    I swear Djinn had like 80,000 hit points. I had to cast a shield, hit him with fire and then make a couple of strikes before running for cover. I had to save about 20 times, because I would often get caught under the stairs or Gerault wouldn't navigate up or down the stairs just to piss me off. I was pretty livid about that shitty boss battle.