Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

There's a great deal on UPlay if you're American and you haven't bought this yet: four free games with your purchase. And Witcher 3 comes with a GOG key, so you don't have to use UPlay for it.

The problem is that this deal is only available to Americans. Canadians and British get to choose ONE free game. I don't know what possessed Ubisoft to do this, but it's fucking bullshit.

2. Novigrad is really remarkable. This is pretty much exactly the kind of giant city I had hoped would be in Skyrim.

I got all caught up in this level 24 questline trying to get a swordsmith to craft me a sweet blade. I'm still only level 3. It's hilarious- every enemy kills me in one hit and I can't even damage them. No matter how many times I hit them their health bars refuse to budge. On the bright side, I've quickly learned how to fight.

Now I'm stuck on this battle down by the docks that's creeping into impossible territory. I'm parrying, backstabbing, hiding in the water, using mind control, everything. The closest I came to beating these jerks was when I tried keeping an enemy near my npc buddies, then parrying him and letting them attack him instead. The funniest attempt was when I just swashbuckled throughout the entire city trying to kill one dude. And still died.

3. It looks like the Nvidia crowd are pissed off at the company for not bothering to help the developer of TW3, when it came to support of Nvidia's 700 series (Kepler) graphics cards. The Maxwell based GTX 960 performs better than a Titan or GTX 780 and hangs with a 780 Ti. It's like Nvidia is purposely gimping support for the Kepler cards to increase sales of the 900 series graphics cards.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-wild-hunt-/1/
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 May 2015 at 08:34 PM.

4. Just a heads up, if you take the brother quest in Velen and end up at the spider thing, you're under leveled. The rest of the quest is just a little stroll and suddenly, Bam level 33!
    Boo, Hiss.

Thanks for the heads up. It's been a busier than usual week, so I've only put about three hours into this. I can't wait to really get rolling on three-day weekend.

6. Loving this so far, but why did they make Geralt control like this? I think they forgot to model the skates on his feet.

The griffin on Death March makes me quite uneasy about what the future holds. I beat him, but it wasn't easy.

8. I'm only playing on normal and running into some difficulty here and there...
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I love the quests. Even the sub quests have been pretty damn amazing. The individual stories of some of them are absolutely fantastic. The controls on the other hand are complete garbage. How do you work on a game for 3 years and that is the way you set the controls? They are loose, floaty, messy, and when selecting actions are delayed.

10. Welcome to CD Projekt Red games. You play their stuff for the writing, not the gameplay.