Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "You Are There": Verisimilitude in Gaming

1. Frog had to use a code to get out of the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    only having an Apple IIgs
    Did you play Thexder?

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    The Midgar portion of FFVII definitely nailed a well-defined sense of place. I remember being fairly disappointed when I discovered there was an entire world beyond it.
    Yeah, the interest in the world of FF7 kind of dropped after you left midgar.

The world felt so rich and filled out right until that point. Then you got out into the world and found that so much of it was empty.

I really want to see a jrpg with a fully populated world. It would be amazing.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If and when I lose my hair someday I'm totally using Shatner's guy. That thing is amazing.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

5. You get mission briefings from THE SHAT himself?? Damn, I might have to track TekWar down.

Seriously though, the game looks pretty bad (possibly the gayest guns in a first person shooter ever), but I've always been a sucker for digitized actors, and the fact that they had stuff like NPCs (and busses that can run them over, lol) was indeed fairly progressive for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Did you play Thexder?
    Indeed

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    You get mission briefings from THE SHAT himself?? Damn, I might have to track TekWar down.

Seriously though, the game looks pretty bad (possibly the gayest guns in a first person shooter ever), but I've always been a sucker for digitized actors, and the fact that they had stuff like NPCs (and busses that can run them over, lol) was indeed fairly progressive for the time.
    Yeah, it's not a good game, but it's an interesting one.

8. Red Faction Guerrilla is kind of how I imagine a Mars mining colony would look.

Half Life. The original.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.