Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Recommendations

1. Amazon Prime Recommendations

We've got one for Netflix, can't seem to find one for Prime.

I cancelled Netfilix because for 16 bucks less a year I can still stream shit on my TV and now I get free shipping. So far it seems like a pretty even trade in terms of gaining shows and movies that are awesome but losing just as many. Tell me things to watch.

P.S. The anime selection sucks fucks.
    Last edited by Opaque; 07 Feb 2013 at 12:51 PM.

2. Prime's free selections are tough to pin down. Stagecoach went from free to unfree back to free over the course of a single week.

3. Yeah prime is pretty spotty on the free stuff. It's ok but not nearly as good as Netflix

If its anime you're looking for though Hulu is actually your best bet. They seem to have the best selection on that front along with the criterion stuff

Honestly if you're going with only one service I still think Netflix is the best choice. But it's not like it costs a lot to get all three and they all have their value.

Just don't get redbox instant. It's shit
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I got Prime for the shipping, they ever drop the instant videos from Prime and I'll pick up Netflix again as it's hands down the best; better than Hulu because it has no commercials and it's better than Amazon because it's delivery system doesn't mix free and paid together so awkwardly.

I can't really justify more than one service based on our limited use.

5. Last month, I dropped my $80 dish bill and signed on with Hulu and Amazon instant (I've always had netflix).
    Prime only gets turned on when I'm in the mood for something arty (Criterion) or I can't netflix because my kids are using it already.

6. The layout Amazon is so fucking awkward, I don't like using it and never find anything that Netflix didn't have. Redbox is shitty? I just got a month trial for it.

7. Redbox has a worse selection than Netflix and all those NEW releases they're saying you can watch before they're on Netflix? They are there but you have to pay an additional rental fee to watch them as a one day rental on top of the 7.99 they charge you monthly

Shit is stupid

Oh and their rental charges are higher than the amazon and iTunes rental charges both services that get the same movies for rental at the same time as redbox instant
    Last edited by bbobb; 07 Feb 2013 at 03:45 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Is there an alphabetical list of what's available in the free tv and movie categories? If so, I've not found it.

9. Nope! That would deny you the thrill of the hunt.

10. Amazon Prime: Fringe