Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murdered: Soul Suspect (PC, PS3/4, 360/One)

2. Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure has just been unseated as the worst video game title and subtitle of all time. Never thought this day would come.

Looks like shit.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Played some of this the other day. I'm actually excited for it. Seems they're putting more focus on the detective side and less on action, which I'm a fan of.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. That is definitely a plus.

Eurogamer: 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    And it's that underdog likeability that rescues Soul Suspect from the lower reaches of the score table. It's a Good 6, that delightful strata of games that stumble in the technical aspects, but compensate with personality and charm, somehow all the more enjoyable for their imperfections. I can't pretend that Soul Suspect is a particularly great game, but I do know that it's the sort of game I'll still remember - and remember fondly - in five years' time, which is more than can be said for most of its glossier rivals.
    The review gave me a Deadly Premonition vibe. I want to play this, but it sounds too rough to pay full price.

edit: Edge was not as kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    With so little systemic support, Murdered puts all its emphasis on its story, which just can’t bear the weight. The writing aims for hardboiled horror – Dick Tracy by way of Paranormal Activity – but feels undercooked. O’Connor spouts trite observations full of false import. The ghost writing that accompanies clues rarely has anything to say (“Troubled” floats by a scribble on a mental asylum wall) and the ending is an anticlimax, spitting on any connections you’ve bothered to make and mechanically relying on a baseless leap of logic under time pressure. On every level, then, Murdered throttles its premise. Much as it saddens us, given the promise of seeing a 3D Ghost Trick, we pronounce this dead on arrival.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 03 Jun 2014 at 12:42 PM.