Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Kitty x Street Fighter

Hello Kitty x Street Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpot
    Capcom has already picked numerous fights with SNK, Marvel, Namco, the Tekken series, and even Professor Layton, but the publisher today announced arguably the most surprising crossover of all, Hello Kitty x Street Fighter. While the apparent feud between Sanrio's adorable Japanese feline and Capcom's posse of punch-drunk pugilists isn't deserving of a game just yet, the two companies today announced a partnership for cobranded merchandise featuring the franchises.

The line of merchandise will incorporate both brands' styles, with "a broad range" of items promised. The only specific treatment announced for the line was centered on the notion of Hello Kitty donning the familiar costumes of Capcom's fighting game stars. No mention was made of Badtz-Maru or Keroppi. The first Hello Kitty x Street Fighter merchandise is expected to hit stores in fall of 2012.

While Street Fighter certainly has a game industry pedigree, the Capcom series is a relative neophyte next to Hello Kitty when it comes to merchandizing. The Sanrio icon is just over half a century old and the face of the company with more than 50,000 items sold around the world, including perfumes, skateboards, cameras, Monopoly games, and car license plate bolt covers. In 1990, the amicable mascot even got her own pink-tinted Dreamcast console.
    Link

While it's unlikely this will expand to actual games, it is further proof that anything x Street Fighter beats Tekken.

Also, I absolutely expect Josh to don that image as his avatar. It would be the right thing to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hellokittyxchunli_93015_screen.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	62389  

2. *sigh* yeah. this is a major announcement, i guess. It would've been cool if it had been other Capcom characters, but Street Fighter kind of puts this in a boring corner. Now excuse me while i throw my Hello Kitty shoes and socks into a pile to douse with gasoline. I have to cleanse them.
    Donk

The Hello Kitty shoes don't come in my size. I am PISSED.

I am way into this... I'm bummed I have to wait a year.

4. Whaaaaat, serious? The ones i got were sized kind of big and they told me they'd stretch. I ended up walking out with a full shoe size lower than what i'd normally wear because of it.
    Donk

5. . . .
    this is the only thing that could slightly cheer me up today.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. My daughter will have ALL of it.

7. How could you not post this image? How could you!?

Chun Li has never looked less threatening. Or had her thighs more proportional.

James

Name:	2rc9zsg.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	62394  

8. Related

Name:	wrestler.png 
Views:	599 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	62397  
    Donk

What the fuck? That's amazing.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Whaaaaat, serious? The ones i got were sized kind of big and they told me they'd stretch. I ended up walking out with a full shoe size lower than what i'd normally wear because of it.
    I wear an 11.5 These fuckers only go up to 10.