Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geek Love (IGN version)

1. Geek Love (IGN version)

Last year TLC release two episodes of Geek Love (not to be confused with the Katherine Dunn title that I never want to speak of ever again), a show profiling self-proclaimed nerds looking for romance at the New York Comic Con. IGN picked up and aired new episodes on the interwebs. Anyone else see these? I'm hopelessly addicted to the series.

Episode 1, Alex

Episode 2, Casey Ann

Episode 3, Brittany

Episode 4, Jimmy

Episode 5, Nydia

Episode 6, Mary

Episode 7, Anthony

Episode 8, Kayla
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 21 Feb 2013 at 05:16 PM.

2. I watched about half of the first episode and decided to wait until I see my girlfriend, because it's a fun show and I want to watch it with her. She'll love this shit.

Anyway, I was totally into it...very cute show, but even watching it for two seconds, you can easily see what guy #1's problems are when it comes to why girls don't like him- he fits ever geek cliche ever. The main problems are that he's obese and he has zero confidence, which are probably the two biggest turn-offs to girls ever. I'm sure the show's producers picked him on purpose instead of an in-shape, well-adjusted dude because otherwise there'd be no show because the dude would already be getting laid.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how fatty's NY ComicCon sci-fi speed dating goes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I watched about half of the first episode and decided to wait until I see my girlfriend, because it's a fun show and I want to watch it with her. She'll love this shit, I know it.

Anyway, I was totally into it...very cute show, but even watching it for two seconds, you can easily see what guy #1's problems are when it comes to why girls don't like him- he fits ever geek cliche ever. The main problems are that he's obese and he has zero confidence, which are probably the two biggest turn-offs to girls ever. I'm sure the show's producers picked him on purpose instead of an in-shape, well-adjusted dude because otherwise there'd be no show because the dude would already be getting laid.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how fatty's NY ComicCon sci-fi speed dating goes.
    Wait until you see the in-shape, attractive guy. Hoo-boy.

The thing is, nine times out of ten you can tell what the person's problem is. Also: Brony.

Full disclosure: I'd like to point out that I'm coo-coo bananas about the woman in episode 6.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 09 Feb 2013 at 04:35 PM.

4. Is that Gabe Newell at 7:23 of episode 2

5. He wasn't chauffeured in by crane, so I don't think so.

6. I watched the first episode and it kind of just bummed me out. I felt bad for the dude. I mean he's a mess and he lives at home and watches My Little Pony, so I get it, but TVs supposed to give me happy stories.

7. It's not very desirable, but it's not so weird for someone to be at home at the age of 25 these days. Shit's rough out there.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    It's not very desirable, but it's not so weird for someone to be at home at the age of 25 these days. Shit's rough out there.
    I stayed home waaaay later than I planned. After finishing school and landing a job in my field, the economy cratered so bad I had to endure a 10% paycut. The spectre of unemployment loomed over our heads daily. News of the pay cut occurred literally the week I started looking for apartments. I said fuck this, went back to school for something I really enjoyed and saved cash. I can't frown on people living at home late because I've been there. I do question people who are content living at home, and don't have any desire whatsoever to move (ie., "I'm going to live at home forever, and GAWD, mom, give me some privacy!")

My 'rents always said I could stay as long as I wanted, but Jesus Christ, I couldn't fathom doing that.

9. I still spent summers at home until I was like 22, but even that was pretty undesirable for me. When I moved out I was making $10 an hour working 20 hours a week in one of the most expensive states in the country and I made it work.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    When I moved out I was making $10 an hour working 20 hours a week in one of the most expensive states in the country and I made it work.
    Urgh.