Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Geek Love (IGN version)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Jesus. What did you think of your mother before you moved out?
    Well my mother only ever had joint custody of me, and she lost that when I was 11, so I wasn't really talking about her.

But I actually do have a good relationship with my mom now, just not a high opinion of her.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 11 Feb 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Moving out was one of the best things that ever happened to my relationship with my mother.

But I don't think it is completely the moving out part. Its mainly not depending on them and not calling them about problems. That stuff drives them crazy and hearing their opinions about what you should do, or having them try to use leverage over you to make you do what they think you should do, makes you crazy.

Also, i think you take each other less for granted? You value your time together more and you actually think of stuff to make their lives better when you are around them. Like fixing things, making meals, etc. You (or at least I) didn't do that as much back in HS because I was accustomed to living there. There was always a tomorrow to do that stuff.

I know plenty of people (mostly white women and gay men) that never reach this point because they won't stop calling their mother everyday
    Last edited by Fe 26; 12 Feb 2013 at 01:34 PM.

3. I came back home for the summer after my first year at university, but after that I was out on my own.
    In some ways I regret not returning home for the summers after that, mostly because my mom died in a car accident one summer, while driving to Nova Scotia by herself.
    In hindsight, it may never have happened if I had been with her, and even if that's not the case, I would have at least had some more time to spend with her before she was gone. At that age, I was just beginning to get to know her as a person and not just a parent, which I never had an opportunity to do with my dad, since he died a few years earlier.
    Unlike most people, I actually envy adults who still live at home because at least they have family to come home to.

4. New episodes added to first post.

5. Hmmm I thought it said Greek Love and naturally expected a Nick and Josh discussing ass sex thread.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Hmmm I thought it said Greek Love and naturally expected a Nick and Josh discussing ass sex thread.
    LTTP: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/thr...post1064793396

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    It's not very desirable, but it's not so weird for someone to be at home at the age of 25 these days. Shit's rough out there.
    Agreed - but I've been unemployed three times now, jumped from freelance job to freelance job, the whole time my parents said I could come back whenever I want, and I never had. It means living really lean, but I see it as silver lining - if I can keep a roof over my head in the worst of it, I can appreciate all the good things, even the dumb stupid things.

OT - I've never heard of this show but dating shows and reality TV aren't much my thing. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.