Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26363839404142 LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy

1. Shit, now I have to see John Wick if Kevin "They call me Mr. Glass" Nash is in it.

2. he is. Pretty visible too. for a bit.

3. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by this. It's a decently made movie but I don't think it deserves the crazy praise it's gotten. I'd say it's as good as the first Iron Man movie - solid enough but no surprises, not very funny at all with empty melodrama peppered in. I'm definitely not the target demographic for this stuff anymore.

4. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I was thoroughly underwhelmed by this. It's a decently made movie but I don't think it deserves the crazy praise it's gotten. I'd say it's as good as the first Iron Man movie - solid enough but no surprises, not very funny at all with empty melodrama peppered in. I'm definitely not the target demographic for this stuff anymore.
    Yeah I felt almost the exact same way about it.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

The whole movie was upbeat and fun, Chris Pratt is excellent on screen, and everything works out the way you want.

The melodrama sucked and Zoe Saldana's character sucked. The rest of it was just a really good, stupid time.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    I was thoroughly underwhelmed by this. It's a decently made movie but I don't think it deserves the crazy praise it's gotten. I'd say it's as good as the first Iron Man movie - solid enough but no surprises, not very funny at all with empty melodrama peppered in. I'm definitely not the target demographic for this stuff anymore.
    Yep. I'm totally with you on this. Felt like a movie made by formula, which is becoming the standard for these Marvel movies.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. To its credit I feel like it created the most accurate marvel universe atmosphere compared to any of the other films. Especially in the prison scenes.

8. I felt avengers was pretty authentic

9. All these movies are leaps and bounds ahead of the 90s Marvel stuff a lot of us grew up with, IMO. The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy were fucking terrrrrrrible comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. I grew up with the batman, Xmen, Spider-Man, and tick cartoons, personally.