Page 1 of 42 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

There's been talk of this in the Avengers thread, but with the latest casting news, it's time it had its own.

Release: August 2014
    Director: James Gunn
    Writers: James Gunn, Chris McCoy, Nicole Perlman
    Based on: the current comic, not the 80s-90s version
    Lead-in to: Avengers 2, likely establishing Thanos the same way the Thor movie did for Loki
    Peter "Starlord" Quill: Chris Pratt from Parks and Rec
    Drax the Destroyer: Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones, Conan the Barbarian from the recent remake)
    Rumored for Groot and Rocket Raccoon: Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I really don't see how this could end up good in any way
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I said the same thing about The Avengers when it was announced.

Nowadays I just learned to wait patiently and not jump to conclusions.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Yes. But this includes a talking gun toting raccoon
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. It kind of has to. Adam Sandler, on the other hand, is not needed.

6. I like the casting of Jason Momoa as Drax.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It kind of has to. Adam Sandler, on the other hand, is not needed.
    I really hope the rumor is wrong about him. From watching his movies in the past several years it's sorta become clear that he's given up on trying to act and is just trying to grab every dime he can from him being him. And I do not want Rocket Sandler to be a character in this movie.

Jim Carrey, however, I could see doing a good job on either of the characters.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. Agreed about Sandler, except that I think that he's always sucked.

9. Yeah I'm not a fan of Sandler except for maybe one or two movies but he'd be horrible for the Rocket Racoons voice.

Jim Carrey...eh, I suppose he can do it but they seem to just want a bankable star rather than someone who can actually do the voice justice given so many other more talented voice actors. But so far the casting of Chris Pratt and Jason Momoa are pretty solid.

10. Rocket Raccoon needs the accent.