Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2232343536373840 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy

1. Every time I tried to watch it. I feel asleep.
    I was able to sit through Norton's movie at least.
    Though dinky tim roth as abomination was pretty dumb, as well as the leader that went nowhere.

2. It was just wholly unnecessary to make that movie, since it didn't progress The Hulk as a character... and then Norton turned diva. I saw GOTG again on Sunday night... it was better the second time. I felt that way about The Avengers as well.

I'm curious to see how they cross Avengers and GOTG over in to each other. They seem so... different...
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Avengers in space. Blammo. Billion dolan movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Pretty much. Build up to where Thanos is doing his threatening everything thing, the Guardians pick up the Avengers to help out. Vaguely similar to the comics.

5. I finally caught this on Sunday night. But "finally" is possibly the wrong word - I'm normally not too big on the comic book movies but my girl wanted to see it and The Avengers surprised me so it was a go.

I really liked the awesome tunes that Starlord played - especially since they could have picked any number of really well-known Bowie songs but went with Moonage Daydream (second only to Life on Mars? for me). I also like that I didn't have to *see* Bradley Cooper or Vin Diesel. And the Peter Serafinowicz cameo was sweet.

We also went with two friends who ARE comic book nerds and both were mad at me for liking Groot a lot, and laughing at the dancing Baby Groot. Also funny was that my girl didn't really like it.

Also, props to the card and gift being legit human person gifts - not being like, "LUKE FIND YOUR DAD."

Mega props, of course, to Howard.

how are they mad at you for liking the most likable character in the movie? sound a couple of a holes.

7. He's the Iron Giant, except in adorable tree form!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    how are they mad at you for liking the most likable character in the movie? sound a couple of a holes.
    I don't know - my guess would be maybe they think it's the simple-minded/easy choice and that I should like Starlord or Drax or something (I had to go to IMDB to look up the name for Drax, btw). I'm sure I've done similar with book-to-movie or book-to-tv or music or the myriad of things I'm nerdy about. "Oh, you like [x]? How pedestrian."

9. You like Michaelangelo over Donatello? Fucking pleb.

10. Saw it again tonight. Just as fun as the first time.

BTW, I don't know if this has been pointed out already, but you can actually see Howard the Duck in the Collector's collection earlier in the movie. It's the shot where they bring the orb to the Collector and they show him with his back to the camera as he's introduced; you see Howard in a case dead center of the upper screen, suspended in the air.

I also noticed a Dark Elf (from Thor 2) and a Chitauri warrior (from The Avengers).
    Last edited by Dolemite; 31 Aug 2014 at 10:01 PM.