Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Versions of PS3/ Xbox 360 Games?

1. Best Versions of PS3/ Xbox 360 Games?

Alright so once again I'm not a PC gamer so this is purely a PS3 vs Xbox 360 game comparison topic.

Typically people who have both systems have the option of getting 3rd party games on either platform but since I'm a little anal with this shit I always like to check which games perform the best on which system and whether they have enough exclusive content on their respective platform to make it worth my while. Some sites that are purely dedicated to this stuff is Lensoftruth and Eurogamer with Eurogamer usually having a better and more in depth comparison of the games.

Here's a pretty good example of their comparison: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...wii-u-face-off

So far a lot of games seem to perform better on Xbox but there are some exceptions for PS3 like I hear that Rayman Origins has a truer HD resolution compared to Xbox which upscales it, or Dead Space 2 having a little more extras than the Xbox version due to the other Wii game that was included with it. There are also times where it basically comes down to preference when you see comparisons like a brighter look to the game, slightly different lighting, etc. but I usually like to take everything into account.

Of the list I've researched these games look better on Xbox:

Bayonetta
    Bulletstorm
    Red Dead Redemption

Devil May Cry 4 is harder to judge since they look so similar but the Xbox version seems to have slightly better contrast and detailed textures but you have to really put it under a microscope but the PS3 apparently has a little less tear and have a little less lead times. That being said it's said to look fine on both systems. The Batman Arkham games seem to have an edge on extra content on PS3 (an extra Joker DLC or side mission) but graphically Xbox tends to fare better even if by a few degrees in some points but Arkham City in particular closes the gap from Asylum and looks pretty comparable on PS3.

What other games do you guys have to add or alternatively which platform do you prefer for certain games?
    Last edited by Will; 15 Feb 2013 at 11:00 PM.

2. I've read that the new Aliens joint is more terrible on the XBOX.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've read that the new Aliens joint is more terrible on the XBOX.
    Oh yeah it was a horrible port.

PS3 looks a lot better in the texture area in comparison even though the PC version is the obvious blow out winner.

4. That's like being the smartest kid on the short bus.

5. Boys have penises and girls have vaginas.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    That's like being the smartest kid on the short bus.
    Fo' sho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Boys have penises and girls have vaginas.
    Ain't that the truth.

7. Not always.

8. Girls can have all the penises they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Bulletstorm
    PC
    Devil May Cry 4
    PC
    The Batman Arkham games
    PC

10. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Alright so once again I'm not a PC gamer so this is purely a PS3 vs Xbox 360 game comparison topic.