Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. Ah. Oh, well.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Anyone on PSN who signed up via the site for the alpha was in - the Amazon codes were a bonus.
    I didn't do shit and I got in. That said though Sony sent codes for the Alpha to people's email addresses and it wasn't "on" PSN.

I played a bunch yesterday, it's very much a reskinned Halo, with online co-op elements. I think they need to tweak some things. Fighting one of the boss monsters for 20 - 30 minutes, having it's life being a SLIVER of yellow line left, and then suddenly you're all dead with out reviving in time and you're sent back to the boss having full life. Yeah that can go and fuck it's self right now. Other than that it's alright.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. The boss fights are a bit of a pain. The tank especially is the ultimate bullet sponge until you get a good group of level 8's that know to hit the legs until the weak spot pops up, and even then it takes longer than it should.

4. It's good to hear that many came away from the alpha much more enthused about Destiny and that the game seems to be coming along nicely, but even as someone who enjoyed the heck out of Bungie's Halo games and spent hundreds of hours playing them, Destiny being online only is a deal-breaker for me. No thanks to Destiny, the Crew, the Division, and any other upcoming game from these crummy publishers that can't be played offline.

Plus canning Marty O'Donnell during the project means they can fuck off to the moon.

5. Online only, eh? Is it a pay to play (ie.. $9.99/mo.) model or ?

6. It's not a monthly fee but you do have to purchase the game.

It's been stated that there's a 10 year plan for this franchise, but what that means (expansions, DLC, or whatever) is currently unknown.

7. If it ever finishes downloading I'm going to play the PS3 beta tonight. Is anyone else playing on PS3?

8. You can be a RAcast in this. I had no idea.

9. I played a little on PS4 and... meh... I don't have an opinion yet. I don't feel like I hate the enemy - wondering if that story gets fleshed out or not.

10. Yeah that is my criticism kinda. I think part of it is just because it's a beta but I really don't care about the characters or story at all.

I think the gunplay is good for this genre.