Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 106116118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1214

Thread: Destiny

waste of money. if my son didn't want it wouldn't have gotten it. 5 easy missions and the same old shit. a fucking 30$ update. calling it an expac is insulting.

2. I finished Rise of Iron in like 90 minutes. That was nonsense.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. If you buy it for the story missions you deserve what you get imo.

The raid, the gear, the new maps, and the new modes.

4. I bought the bundle of everything. The Taken King was much better imo.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I'll wholeheartedly agree with that. TTK is what expansions should have been. I think ROI was a bandaid to hold over until May.

6. TTK is better, but, there's still plenty to do in RoI. Getting your light level up to raid and compete in the Iron Banner and Trials is sorta like the "game", the story mode just gives you a jumping off point for that. I feel like doing the exotic quests and the various modified strikes as part of the "story" as well. My brother jumped in at right before RoI, and the game does have a very unusual structure and nothing story, especially if you haven't been with it since launch, and especially for what I've heard is the most expensive game ever made.

the armour is shit. ilvl progression is shit. i hate pvp so i don't bother with crucible unless it's mayhem. Thats the only time it's fun for me. the strikes are boring. i hate people in general so i don't raid with anyone as i have no friend's in the game. it's a poor excuse for a expansion. legion is a fucking expansion. roi is just...bleh.

8. Did you for real just compare RoI to the Xth expansion in an MMO?

Are you legit retarded? Did you not look anything up about it? They've been having weekly discussions explaining damn near everything since it was announced.

Don't like strikes.
    Won't make friends for raids.
    Don't like PVP.

I mean, when you take PVP, Strikes, and the raid away you've only got the story, which from Day 1 has been the worst part of Destiny. Sounds like you got what you deserved.
    Last edited by Chux; 13 Oct 2016 at 10:46 AM.

9. Yeah, Bungie put together some good lore but they are absolute shit at communicating it properly. Have been since day one here.

"I thought you were dead."
    "Turns out I'm not."
    "Good. Go host Iron Banner."

EXCELLENT JOB
    Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    i hate people in general so i don't raid with anyone as i have no friend's in the game. [...] legion is a fucking expansion.
    wut

Anyway, I've completed almost everything in ROI so far except for trials and getting the thorn quest and they really did a damn good job with WOTM. Death Zamboni is simple and short but a nice new teamwork concept that isn't centered around burning down adds for ammo*, and Aksis p2 does away entirely with any sort of "hero" for the fight and forces the entire group to function as a legitimate team. The downside - as it may be - is that it also makes p2 really difficult for PUGs since people tend to not communicate, communicate the wrong thing, or tunnel vision one of their roles. Great job of highlighting just how absolutely terrible the vast majority are at playing this game.

The loot drops in IB were super nice but maybe swung a little too much onto the side of loot pinata, although I have no complaints about the fast and easy rep grind to rank 5 to get that shit out of the way. Supremacy feels half-baked, I'm okay with it being a change of pace but I'll likely never purposefully touch it again after completing the book entry. I'm looking forward to IB going back to rift or classic vanilla control.

That said, the story missions as a whole were even shorter this time and they forgot to introduce Aksis outside of grimoire entries. The Outbreak Prime quest was also probably the most irritating, up-it's-own-ass thing I've encountered in this game yet. I think I'd rather get TOM again than redo that quest.

*Thinking about it, the raid is so nicely balanced that for once ammo is almost never an issue because fights aren't centered around some sniper/rocket/whatever cheese, so every weapon type is useful. They seem to be finally starting to really nail this FPS raid thing.

10. Managed to grind to 340 light in the last few days - not much doing until we move.

Solo'ing on some of these quests is pretty tough if you don't keep a variety of weapons available. I"m having a really tough time with the First Firewall quest line without a good void weapon.

Any of you playing ps4? I'd like to do some raids, but haven't inflicted my noobness on randoms yet.
    Boo, Hiss.