Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. I killed a Devil Walker by myself yesterday during the "explore" phase. I'm pretty sure the three of us together would crush it.

2. I gave this a try and it's okay but, I don't know. I usually play Halo on one of the harder difficulties and this game feels way too easy. It's a MMO and that is what MMOs are but still.

Tried the beta a bit. Game seems fine, and I'll probably like playing it well enough on the assumption that I'm going to get it because other friends will. My wife seem to like it enough too.

One thing that I didn't like is when the game reminds you to go to the bungie website if you want more information about the grimoires as you pick them up. It shatters the immersion, and does so for an absolutely redundant purpose - I think it's safe to assume that if a person is playing a video game (or more like simply existing) in 2014, they know to go online if they want more information about something.

4. Gregor Victorlio killed most of my family back during the purge three years ago. It was a horrible time for everyone, with persecution and hatred running rampant and no one could be trusted. My sister died a year later from the plague, which likely would not have happened if we had not been chased out. If you're willing to help me, adventurer, I'm on my way to take revenge on Gregor for everything he's done. If you want more information on the purge or plague, visit my website at h t t p colon forward slash forward slash w w w dot death to victorlio dot com slash purge. TO VENGEANCE!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I gave this a try and it's okay but, I don't know. I usually play Halo on one of the harder difficulties and this game feels way too easy. It's a MMO and that is what MMOs are but still.
    A higher difficulty level is available on all but one of the missions in the demo, which makes it a bit more challenging - - you're definitely not invincible. I expect the retail game to have even more (and higher) difficulty options - - you'd think Bungie would be keenly aware of how popular "Legendary" difficulty is among its fans.

Still, you're right - - it's an MMO, which means it's all about grinding and dress-up. Which means it will sell.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

6. Hard mode is pretty terrible. The game doesn't feel right, like the way it takes forever to get another grenade etc. Again because it's an MMO.

7. In spite of my bitching I do think Bungie has something here. I have the white Destiny PS4 preordered and now I am more likely to hold on to it for sure.

They need to tweak the hand cannon though. It's AWFUL on hard mode. Where can I send them feedback? The forum is a hot mess of whiners.

And also why the hell did they hire Peter Dinklage to recite lines like he is in a food coma?

8. Made a clan for both Sony/MS.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/151988

9. Has anyone else run into the 2 level ?? enemies that can't be damaged on Earth? They show up at the 15 second mark here.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Yeah that was about the first thing we saw while playing. At the time I thought it was just a super high level enemy that you could kill when you got to 8, but now it might be just something to get people talking. Or maybe something cool happens on a specific day or something.

There are lots of things that you can do with a game like this if you have 'hooks' built in. Bungie seems better about that than Gearbox so hopefully that's something they really push.