Page 19 of 122 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

1. On PVP they need to do something like GW2 and normalize all the stats. It's the only way it makes sense.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    On PVP they need to do something like GW2 and normalize all the stats. It's the only way it makes sense.
    I remember reading somewhere that there will be two hoppers for PVP. Custom leveled PVP and normalized PVP.

3. Yup. Normal PvP drops attack and defense ratings. Iron Banner PvP keeps them.

4. Sounds like this game doesn't have that much 'surface area'. I don't know what I was expecting. I hadn't followed the game at all; when I saw the items in the stores in the beta, I didn't think Level 20 really was the cap. It didn't take much time to hit 8.

5. I think they are planning to expand it fairly rapidly, but we will see.

6. Bungie will be conducting "dangerous experiments" during the beta today.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I hadn't followed the game at all; when I saw the items in the stores in the beta, I didn't think Level 20 really was the cap. It didn't take much time to hit 8.
    Apparently 20 is the level cap, but after spending (way too much) time with the beta, that's going to be a fine enough starting point. Would I like a higher cap? Sure, but it's not going to be prohibitive at all as long as the difficulty in the PvE is balanced appropriately. Even after I hit 8, leveling of items/weapons/equipment played a major factor in class development, and this isn't taking into account the additional subclass leveling that will happen once you open those up. I barely made a dent in unlocking/leveling abilities within my subclass after playing for at least 10+ hours on each character. I'm also hoping leveling was accelerated for the beta, I've heard rumors that this was the case but nothing confirmed.

I am honestly more excited for this than I could have imagined myself to be. If I had one major gripe, it's that PvP isn't nearly as balanced 1 month out of launch as I would expect from Bungie. While I had a blast playing, and by the end of the beta was well over a 1 ratio and had good strategic play going on, it's pretty much 'use an auto-rifle or die'. Scout rifles, fusion rifles, and hand cannons are more or less useless as your primary weapon, and the charge up fusion rifle secondary weapon is pretty much useless as well unless you're a crackshot. Fortunately Bungie has a long time after the launch of this game to nail down the balance in PvP and raise the level cap above 20 (which is inevitable as more content is released), so I'm not too concerned.

Also, the beta officially ended and I'll officially be picking up an Xbox One just to play this with the TNL Halo crew (also to play Halo remastered, naturally).
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. ONE OF US

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    ONE OF US
    One of us. One of us! Lol. PS4 online just doesn't seem right. Tnl live is almost back to normal.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"